Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your car games!

When we go on a long journey we play a game of who the first to spot something like a supermarket lorry, then move onto a list of things to spot like a sainsbury lorry, a red car, a blue car, and a green lorry the winner is the one to spot all on the list first.

Default car games

we play eye spy, spot the breakdown vans and eddies.
    name the tune one the radio in 3 seconds

When the kids start getting bored in traffic we play I-spy and they enjoy making words out of people registration numbers.

My children love I spy

I used to play naming bands/artists going down the alphabet Eg. A - Abba, B - Beatles ...

The childen are still little so we print out a page of pictures of things to look for like Water tower (there is one close by and usually the first item found) diggers almost guaranteed to be roadworks somewhere, windmills, breakdown vans, police cars etc. first one to shout gets the point.

Or choose a colour and look for all the vehicles in that colour and count how many we find.

Everyone in the car chooses a make (and model of car if you want to make it more difficult) and you have to count how many of these cars you see. The winner is the person who has counted the most. You can make it easier for very young children by just using a colour of car instead.

Default Competition Time: Your Car Games!

Our children used to like making sentences using the letters in the registration of the car in front. Books with things to spot were also great fun; and singing, lots and lots of singing - usually songs from musicals.

My 5 year old loves to play colour I spy. ( instead of letters we pick colours). He can play this for ages.

I Spy has always been a favourite with the things we're trying to guess getting more and more crazy