Thread: Police mobile safety camera vans

Default Police mobile safety camera vans

This morning, driving along a main road into Leicester, there was a police camera van on our left as we passed. Parked right in the centre of the pavement, it left inadequate room for a pram of pedestrian scooter to pass through.
    SAFETY? Shocking example of representing safety? Do the police have exemption form this kind of practice - the obvious reason being to be as covert as possible? I am not anti speed cameras, but I do expect these so-called enforcers of law and order to set a good example in correct behaviour. Would an email to the local police commissioner be reasonable?

This from Pepipoo.com:
    The recent Government Guidelines, which state that Speed Cameras should be made clearly visible, would appear to be causing confusion.

Guidelines aren't mentioned in the law, so if the speed camera that flashed you was hidden from view it will not affect the allegation of speeding that's been brought against you. However, you should report the camera's location to The Department of Transport, as doing so should result in the particular authority being removed from the "netting-off scheme" which allows them to keep part of the revenue collected by their speed cameras. http://www.pepipoo.com/Hidden_speed_traps.htm
    https://www.gov.uk/government/organi...-for-transport

Thanks for the info, Santa. I wasn't flashed by the speed camera, unless they are 'doing' motorists for being UNDER the speed limit (ha,ha!) Frankly, had my camera been in the car, I would have stopped and took photographs of how this camera van was placed, then sent a copy to the press.