Thread: Audi A3 Diesel - New Engine. HELP!!!!

Default Audi A3 Diesel - New Engine. HELP!!!!

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help. My engine blew up last week and I am looking into sourcing costs for a replacement. I believe that I need a new Engine block as apparently my big end has gone, (please excuse the terminology if this is badly phrased - I know little about the car engine!!)

Audi have quoted me 7k for a replacement engine, which is beyond the value of the car if it were working, so this is a non-starter.

I have been quoted 1350 from 247engines.com in Birmingham for the supply and fit of a reconditioned engine (but that sounds cheap to me).

I am based in Birmingham, and is anyone able to recommend a reputable garage in Birmingham / North Warwickshire where I can get a realistic quote from?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Car = Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Diesel, 5door, 2007

Thanks,

Matthew
    Last edited by mattd49; 22-07-12 at 11:29.

Get a price for refurbishment of the engine. Big ends are replaceable, it depends why and how it failed, the worst case is the bearing journal (the part of the crank shaft the big end runs on) may have been damaged but often these can be reground.

My car has also done the same Audi A3 07 plate clocking 69000 miles.....!!! I can't belive it this has got to be a machanical problem with audis and there is no customer services to support this if your not using Audi with full service history!!! Absolutly gutted!!! lucky im still alive! Happened on the M6 motorway in the fast lane!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattd49 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking for some help. My engine blew up last week and I am looking into sourcing costs for a replacement. I believe that I need a new Engine block as apparently my big end has gone, (please excuse the terminology if this is badly phrased - I know little about the car engine!!)

Audi have quoted me 7k for a replacement engine, which is beyond the value of the car if it were working, so this is a non-starter.

I have been quoted 1350 from 247engines.com in Birmingham for the supply and fit of a reconditioned engine (but that sounds cheap to me).

I am based in Birmingham, and is anyone able to recommend a reputable garage in Birmingham / North Warwickshire where I can get a realistic quote from?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Car = Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 Diesel, 5door, 2007

Thanks,

Matthew

Would be interesting to know if the engine oil at each service was of the correct specification and whether the car is on "longlife" servicing intervals.