Thread: renalt clio 1.2 dynamic wont start

Default renalt clio 1.2 dynamic wont start

my renault clio wont start its not the battery its just beeen replaced the engin turns but it doesnt run any ideas w.hat it could be? thanks

8 or 16 valve? what year?

16 valve 52 plate

its a 1.2 petrol 16 valve 2003 plate im no mechanic thats why im asking on here whats wrong with it
    Last edited by shanetho; 11-05-12 at 18:44.

Does the immobiliser go out when the key is put in the ignition. Does it stop flashing?
    When you turn the key to put all the dash lights on but not to turn the engine, can you hear a faint whine noise from the rear (would indicate the fuel pump working).
    The other common fault is a poor connection at the crankshaft sensor.

the imobiliser does go out when the key is in the ignition when i turn the key i can hear something from the rear i dont know where the crankshaft sensor is so i cant check it

On top of the gearbox where it meets the engine is a small metal bracket with 2 10mm bolts holding it on. You will see the wiring going to it. There is a small black plastic tube attached to the bracket and if you disconnect the plug from it, give it a spray with WD40 and refit then try. Usually sorts it.

Come back if it fixes it or not.

that fixed it took the sensor off cleaned it re-attached it started on the first go thanks very much