Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: engine mileage

i dont know if these have the famous dual mass flywheel, but it may need a clutch soon (if it hasn't already been done) expect a 800+ bill

by the way our local BCA auction have been selling ex-mobility 09 and 59 plate focus zetec's for 6,200 with under 30,000 the clock, plus buyer premium of course

Quote Originally Posted by tommytwotanks View Post
    i dont know if these have the famous dual mass flywheel, but it may need a clutch soon (if it hasn't already been done) expect a 800+ bill
    Is this still a problem on recent model Focuses? I got lumbered with an 800 bill for a new clutch and DMF at 80k on my 52 TDCi. Is it just Fords with this problem or all Diesels?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkThrust View Post
    Is this still a problem on recent model Focuses? I got lumbered with an 800 bill for a new clutch and DMF at 80k on my 52 TDCi. Is it just Fords with this problem or all Diesels?
    im not a mechanic, but worked in the motor trade for many years, i did see a tv program maybe a couple of years a go about consumer issues and that did have a story about vauxhall using the same sort of DMF on the vectra, i did have a chat with a motor trader at my local car auction a while back, and he said that the later mondeo 2001 - 2007 you can change it back to the old type, but this is only on the 130 bhp standard engine

but ive heard many stories that many different cars from VW golf R32, Jaguar X-type have DMF one comment i read was "Most modern diesels and larger petrols have these wretched things".