Thread: 2001 corsa di tappets

Default 2001 corsa di tappets

the other half has been looking through the small ads and has found a y reg corsa di at a fairly good price, because the seller say's "NOW FOR THE BAD NEWS PART, THE CAR STILL DRIVES BUT HAS A NOISY VALVES.WILL MAKE A GREAT CAR FOR WHO EVER BUYS IT"

do these have noisy valves or could it be a camshaft fault, would it be better or cheaper to change the head, and if i did would it cure it

any thoughts on this issue chaps

tommy
    Last edited by tommytwotanks; 05-05-12 at 22:40.

It could be an expensive fault to repair. I'd be wary.

Only on Friday a customer asked me to look at and adjust the tappets on his Megane diesel (DCi). I was suspicious as diesel valves rarely if ever need adjusting. It turned out to be a failed injector seal and the 'blow by' was causing the noise. Without seeing the car it is difficult to guess but beware - if it's so good why doesn't the seller fix it?

thanks guy's, yes i often think this when im looking at cars on ebay when the seller say's easy/cheap fix, well if its so easy/cheap why dont you fix it then, with this one tho i dont think i will bother, if the car was 10 miles away i would have gone and had a look, but it sounds like its 30/40 miles each way, so im not going to waste my time and fuel

Sounds the best idea to me, There will always be a better one for sale.

I have been out to cars that have been brought from eBay all I can say is don't it's not worth it.
    Go to a garage more rights

Miss breakdown