Thread: Car Cloning

Default Car Cloning

I have recently had my car cloned and have recieved 6 pcn in a week, it seems the cloner does like driving in bus lanes, does anyone have any advice on catching these people ?

Leave it to the police... It may be worth checking your chassis number against your documentation and check your car is on the insurance database.

Think this is a joke Wagolynn. First post, no details at all and in completely the wrong area of the forum anyway. And what sort of question is it anyway. Obviously not heard of the POLICE

Some time ago, there was a TV news item concerning a Birmingham motorist whose car was cloned; the clone regularly picking up fines in t LEZ area. despite the fact that these 'offences' all seemed to occur almost daily within a small time frame, the victim was (quite rightly) annoyed by the police advice to have his registration plate changed. No doubt at his own cost, too. I believe he refused and told them to do their job - which is certainly what I would have done!

Quote...."Think this is a joke Wagolynn."

Yea! that's what I thought when I first saw the post last night, and the fact it was totally in the wrong thread, just confirmed that to me.

The deleted post suggests it was a set up to advertise a company.

It certainly looks that way.