Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should you use Warning Triangles on Motorways?

Rolebama, looking where you are going and accepting that is your responsibility to do so, is probably not in Dennis W's rulebook.

What I am saying is that "You have got to expect the unexpected" There will always be incidents that are difficult to plan for.

Such as trailers with unsecured loads, and a wheelbarrow falls off a trailer in the middle lane of the M56 on a busy sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis W View Post
    What I am saying is that "You have got to expect the unexpected" There will always be incidents that are difficult to plan for.

Such as trailers with unsecured loads, and a wheelbarrow falls off a trailer in the middle lane of the M56 on a busy sunday afternoon.
    You might want to use a triangle in that example, but I wouldn't.

I have seen trailers and lorries distributing their loads across the carriageway, I have been overtaken by a roof rack with a dining room table on it. I have also been overtaken by a Jag going backwards on its roof. I have emergency braked for lorries veering across lanes and motorists deciding to swerve from the outside lane onto a slip road at the last moment. I have had to run across open land next to the hard shoulders because of collisions on the carriageway, both to avoid vehicles and debris. None of these incidents caused me any real concern for my safety because I saw them happening. I believe the key to survival on all roads under all situations is to be observant, and I cannot consider any event which I would not be aware of. Whether I could do anything some circumstances I am not arguing. As I said above - These characters will never go away, and nothing you can do will ever protect us against them.

I agree with Rolebama on that.

Quote.... "You have got to expect the unexpected"

Aye! like the bicycle that fell off a roof rack from the car in front of me on a motorway!

I saw a film clip that was sent to me, it was from a front facing car camera, driving on a motorway, and out of literally nowhere a truck crashed through the central barrier, hitting the van that the car was passing, ..................................and to tell the truth, it really scared me