Thread: Enzo Ferrari museum opens

Default Enzo Ferrari museum opens

A museum dedicated to the life and work of Enzo Ferrari has opened in the city of Modena, on the site where the founder of the famous car-maker was born. The museum, built with a 15 million investment stands on the ruins of the old house where Enzo Ferrari was born in 1898. The original dwelling has been preserved together with the workshop and a new futuristic-looking gallery. The fully restored museum features a multimedia presentation portraying the most significant events in Ferrari's life and cars such as the Alfa Romeo 40-60 of 1914, (the type of car later raced by Ferrari as a member the Alfa team) and the twin-engined Alfa Romeo Bimotore of 1935, as raced by the Scuderia Ferrari which Enzo founded in Modena in 1929. The remainder of the exhibits celebrate the history of car-making in the Modena area.

Enzo's son Piero is the museum's honorary president. "This tribute to my father, who loved Modena profoundly, gives me immense pleasure," he said. "It provides an opportunity for anyone who wants to find out more about the man, his story and the link between the city and the world of engines. This new structure is perfectly complementary to the Ferrari Museum at Maranello, the other fundamental location in the life of my father." Museum president Mauro Tedeschini said: "The Museum is dedicated to the life of a character who contributed to making Italian culture famous all over the world, a path that tells the story of sports car racing through symbolic individuals, places and races."

You can read the full story by clicking here

Hi,

This Sounds Amazing I am a very big Farrai fan and cannot wait to one day see it.
    Thank you for sharing this truly great news,

Regards

Darren