Thread: Ain't Technology Wonderful

Default Ain't Technology Wonderful

We changed to digital TV recently. Had to rescan on the 4th and 18th April for the change. Yesterday, we had no reception. Whether they were transmitting or not I do not know, but if this is the best they can do, I am not sure I will be renewing TV Licence this year. Iplayer isn't that bad.

i thought you had to have a tv licence if your household had a receiver, whether tv or computer,
    yes ive had the no signal blank screen message a couple of times recently, my normal local itv station is westcountry, but i can get itv wales too on the itv+1 station, spotted a program i wanted to watch, set the dvd recorder, what do i get when i watch it back, 30 seconds of previous program and ads and then the screen goes blank, i fast forwarded a bit and it was still blank, so recording that was a waste of time

im using the bbc iplayer, itv player, 4 on demand, demand5 more and more now, and if you like old cars shows from the 90's on try "wheeler dealers" on 4od on youtube, the prices are well out, lol

Yea! I like watching Top Gear on my phone using BBC I-Player, as my wife likes watching movies , and with my headphones on I don't interfere with her movie viewing, on her I-Pad.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Yea! I like watching Top Gear on my phone using BBC I-Player, as my wife likes watching movies , and with my headphones on I don't interfere with her movie viewing, on her I-Pad.
    im not that up-to date

Ah! TW, go for it,

We got my wife an I-Pad last year, as she is bed bound now, as her illness deteriorates, and after a while she took to it, and now is online quite a lot.

Then, she got me that I-Phone for my birthday, and its basically a small version of the I-Pad, so I found it easier to use then I thought it would