Thread: nissan terrano 3.0 sve

Default nissan terrano 3.0 sve

just had it serviced at nissan main dealer, since service have significant power loss in both 3rd and 4th gear, nissan advise egr valve is failing, surely it would affect me in all gears not just 3rd and 4th.
    can anyone suggest anything else. we had a problem with an oil sensor light which was corrected when the 16 pin electronic connector block was opened, cleaned and put back together, at the time the current fault did not exist but am now wondering if this may have contributed to the problem????? im lost and really dont know what to do. can anyone help, please

The problem is without doubt the gearbox posistion switch has failed making the ECM think the gearbox is in neutral when in 3rd and 4th gear and cutting off the fuel.A common problem on these.

dear micky
    many thanks for your advise, may i be a pain and ask where the gear box position switch is and is it a simple job for me to do or do i need to use a local garage as i will never take it back to main dealer, bought car last year with 12 month mot, took it back for mot this year and they wanted over 1500 to rectify the existing problems at mot!!!!!!!! cars only done 4000 miles since last mot and was supposed to have been fully serviced at the time, apparently all the brake discs need changing even though it passed the brake efficiency test with flying colours. Con artists was what sprung into my mind im sure you would agree.

dear micky
    can you helpcan any one help me
    my nissan terrano ii 3.0 di sve
    it has a wobble that comes from the the front at 55- 65 mph
    for the past 3 months

the wobbly seems to come from wheels thru to the stering wheel at 55- 65 mph

today i have it check all over from cv joints to new tyers ,tracked and blanced and if its my wheels / tyers are not balanced right
    moved all wheels from front to back back to front

can it be some thing else as the machanic looked all ove runder front cv jonts shafts etc and found all to be ok

some said it may be my automatic gearbox or break pads
    any suggestions

thanks paul

dear micky
    can you helpcan any one help me
    my nissan terrano ii 3.0 di sve
    it has a wobble that comes from the the front at 55- 65 mph
    for the past 3 months

the wobbly seems to come from wheels thru to the stering wheel at 55- 65 mph

today i have it check all over from cv joints to new tyers ,tracked and blanced and if its my wheels / tyers are not balanced right
    moved all wheels from front to back back to front

can it be some thing else as the machanic looked all ove runder front cv jonts shafts etc and found all to be ok

some said it may be my automatic gearbox or break pads
    any suggestions

thanks paul

Quote Originally Posted by m.j.electrical View Post
    dear micky
    many thanks for your advise, may i be a pain and ask where the gear box position switch is and is it a simple job for me to do or do i need to use a local garage as i will never take it back to main dealer, bought car last year with 12 month mot, took it back for mot this year and they wanted over 1500 to rectify the existing problems at mot!!!!!!!! cars only done 4000 miles since last mot and was supposed to have been fully serviced at the time, apparently all the brake discs need changing even though it passed the brake efficiency test with flying colours. Con artists was what sprung into my mind im sure you would agree.
    Hi I would also be interested to know the location of this switch if poss. My brother has the same problem with lack of power, he took it to our local nissan dealer they tried to tell him there was a cracked turbo pipe that was causing it but seems a little odd to me as is only in third and fourth. I just thought if I could disconect and try it might rule out an expensive replacement part he doesn't even need. Kindest regards tony.
    Last edited by Tony Boston; 03-02-13 at 09:56.