Thread: Is this my head gasket about to blow?

Default Is this my head gasket about to blow?

I have a 1999 1.3 fiesta.
    Recently have noticed it is slightly sluggish when accelerating and very noisy in the engine. I put oil in it a couple of months ago but the oil light came on today and I filled it again. Since I have done this white/blue smoke comes out of the exhaust when I pull away.
    I am going to try to get a mechanic to look at it but I don't think I should drive it in the meantime and am concerned at how much this type of job could cost. It recently had an MOT.

Sounds like valve stem oil seals leaking to me or worn piston rings
    Or have you overfilled it with oil

Miss breakdown

Thanks for your reply, this morning I had a look and there doesn't appear to be any mixing of oil and coolant I was going to attempt to use sealant today in case it was a forming leak. I do think I may have over filled the oil when I pulled out the dipstick it was high, and there is black sticky residue in the engine (a little bit did spill)

If the oil level is well above the top mark on the dipstick then the engine will burn the oil and then you get the smoke from the exhaust. A fast fit place like Kwik-Fit will be open today so you could ask them to check the level and adjust it for you so you can still drive the car around.