Thread: European breakdown cover single trip prices - why are the RAC and AA so expensive?

Unhappy European breakdown cover single trip prices - why are the RAC and AA so expensive?

Hi, I have been looking at a single trip policy to take my car abroad for 5 days - and a quick search online shows a number of sites comparing their prices to the AA and the RAC, but their prices are obscenely lower. Can someone help me here please, are these companies offering the lower prices skimping on the level of cover ? has anyone any experience of using them ? Would appreciate a fast response! Also, as an existing RAC member, are there ways to get discounts on the RAC prices for single trip policies ?

Appreciated,
    Fjamesm

I am looking at the same thing, I have RAC Arrival through the camping and caravanning club and thought that European cover was included, I'm sure I had it but my membership was inadvertently cancelled so renewed it. Getting old and losing my marbles I think it's called. I need single trip European breakdown insurance for 33 days, is the RAC the best bet?