Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fake Britain

Is 'Intelligent software' an oxymoron?

Quote..."I had my card cloned somehow."

All they need to clone your card is your name and address with post code, which would be on any rubbish you throw in your bin?

We here in Fife, the council have gone" Recycle Mad" we have "4" different bins, so we always shred envelopes or anything that has our name and address on it, before we bin it.

All they need to clone your card is your name and address with post code, which would be on any rubbish you throw in your bin?
    They need more than that. Anyone can get your name and address - postcode and all, without going to the trouble of rooting through your bin. I recently offered to transfer some money to an aquaintance and asked for his details. Oh no, he said. If I give you my account number and sort code you could hack my account. I asked him if he had a cheque book and pointed out that the information I wanted was printed neatly on every cheque he sent out.

To clone a card they need to get the information from it by some scanning device. The easy way to get a PIN is to watch or film you entering it. This is so easy and lucrative that they don't really need to go to any more trouble.