Thread: ford focus misfire

Cool ford focus misfire

Hi I have a ford focus which has a misfire. It also cuts out whenever I am slowing down or idle. I also know there is a battery problem becuase if I have the radio on for more than 5 mins the battery goes flat. Could the two problems be connected.
    I have checked the spark plugs all seems ok and the coil pack was replaced 1 year ago.
    Any help please.

Thanks
    Hope you enjoyed the sun while it lasted!!

Welcome to the site q1w2e3r4t5y6u7i, I'm no expert on the matter, but I don't think the battery problem could cause the misfire problem?

You said all the spark plugs were OK, which means there is fuel and power getting to all the cylinders, so that should narrow the problem down a bit. One of the site Guru's should be able to diagnose the problem for you, good luck

Sounds like a coil pack again if the car is misfiring at idle it will cutout did you change the leads when it was changed last time as to the battery going flat that seems like your battery has died check the alternator is charging and get your battery tested

The two faults are separate

Miss breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by q1w2e3r4t5y6u7i View Post
    Hi I have a ford focus which has a misfire. It also cuts out whenever I am slowing down or idle. I also know there is a battery problem becuase if I have the radio on for more than 5 mins the battery goes flat. Could the two problems be connected.
    I have checked the spark plugs all seems ok and the coil pack was replaced 1 year ago.
    Any help please.

Thanks
    Hope you enjoyed the sun while it lasted!!
    Coil pack may have failed again . Get a new battery anyway !
    check this ..

Disconnect coil pack multiplug
    Switch ignition on ( without engine running ) and stick a noid light in the plug from middle pin to either pin 1 or 3 , if you get a light then the ECU maybe faulty as the switching part of the ecu has failed

But dont forget the obvious ... Leads ( they can get badly oiled up due to failed cam cover gasket )... plugs .. damp