Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motability Allownce - Abuse of

Quote Originally Posted by Route.1 View Post
    Why get so touchy? It's not as though I was suggesting that the allowance should be taken away from genuine claimants who use their leased veicle in the manner in which it was intended..
    My comments are intended for those who are knowingly abusing the Motability scheme. I am not painting all Mobility claimants with the same 'bad boy' brush. If you are unfortunate enough to be claiming the Mobility allowance and are using your vehicle legally then good luck to you. However, I am referring to those whose parents, spouse , aunt or uncle etc may be entitled to claim the allowance and who then use the lease vehicle for their own ends and not those of the claimant.
    Actually re-read your original posting and you will see that you intimated that the majority of Motability leased cars are being used by cheats.
    The governmen'st and Motability opertaions actual figures show that in 2010/11 the lastestr figures available, show that 800 customers were removed from the scheme for abuse and another 500 denied access to the scheme. A total of 1,200 customers out of 600,000 customers. Not exactly high abuse is it? 0.5%?

But those of us who do have access to the Higher Rate Motability Component of the DLA are probably more keen than you to remove the scrotes who cheat the system, along with those who cheat Benefits, drink-drive or theive. I would certainly and have done so, report any infraction of the Motability lease scheme.
    You can do the same you know, IF you actually have a specific case, not a generalisation based upon what?

If you or anyone else knows of someone not in accordance with the contract they have signed with Motability Operations, then either fill in the form on this page http://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk/main.cfm?type=CMIS or ring up on 0845 456 4566 and ask for the misuse team, or email spu@motability.co.uk

But before you do that please try and understand how the Motability car lease scheme works.
    The car has to be used for the benefit of the disabled person, this can, quite rightly, in cases such as a child or partner, be used to get the father/mother/partner to work as the job is for the benefit of the disabled person. This is the same for school pickups, shopping holidays etc etc, but the underlying question is always Is it for the benefit of the disabled person?
    You do not have to be able to drive to be in receipt of a Motability car, but in all cases, you are allowed two drivers, but they both have to be registerd to drive the vehicle and live within 5 miles of the disabled person.

How do you know that the Motability car lease is being abused?

a) are you sure in the first place that the car is actually a Motability lease scheme car?
    Over 70% of those in recipt of the HRMC of the DLA do NOT use the Motability car lease scheme, they can use that money in anyway they see fit, some lease a car from another leasing company, otrhers buy a car themselves, pay towards Taxi fares, pay friends/Family/Relatives petrol money to do things for them.
    When you see the car, how do you know its a Motability vehicle?

Have you any actual cases of misuse of the Motability car lease scheme? Or is it all Daily Mail nonsense you base your comments upon.

What IS your original comments based upon?

The number of cars on the scheme has been slashed from a peak of over 3000 new cars to 1476.

The changes are due to new proposals brought in on 20th October 2011 by Motability's Chairman, Lord Sterling.

The key changes include:

A streamlined selection of cars available, up to a maximum Advance Payment of £2,000 (this limit does not apply to Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles)
    Nominated drivers under 21 will only be permitted where they live with the disabled customer
    All nominated drivers need to live within five miles of the customer’s home

The changes are designed to ensure that Motability provides clear policies, focused on the needs of the vast majority of customers. They will also help avoid misuse and misrepresentation of the Scheme.

The changes to car selection take place immediately, although Motability w

Quote Originally Posted by davesdad View Post
    The number of cars on the scheme has been slashed from a peak of over 3000 new cars to 1476.

The changes are due to new proposals brought in on 20th October 2011 by Motability's Chairman, Lord Sterling.

The key changes include:

A streamlined selection of cars available, up to a maximum Advance Payment of £2,000 (this limit does not apply to Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles)
    Nominated drivers under 21 will only be permitted where they live with the disabled customer
    All nominated drivers need to live within five miles of the customerís home

The changes are designed to ensure that Motability provides clear policies, focused on the needs of the vast majority of customers. They will also help avoid misuse and misrepresentation of the Scheme.

The changes to car selection take place immediately, although Motability w
    Yeh, however thats already changed due to the fact thatas estates, autos are more expensive, if the saloon is available under £2,000 then the auto/esate will be allowed.
    So, for example, the Auto Ford S-Max 163BHP auto Titanium is now on the list with an Advanced payment of £2,845

However I hear (yet again, this list is so fluid) that Motability operations will be putting a maximum AP of £3,000 on all derivatives from this quarter, so I am not sure how that will effect the Volkswagen transporter Shuttle at £9,798, or the Mercedes Vito at £9,838......

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gray View Post
    I was wondering if you were trolling, certainly looks that way now. Continue to do so and you'll be banned.

My post(s) are not, and never have been intended to annoy or iritate anyone. This post was a genuine post suggesting that the Motability scheme is being abused. The tone of my post is, in my opinion, perfectly reasonable and acceptable to any reasonable person reading it / them. I have no intention or desire to cause annoyance or offence to any forum member.
    Please confirm whether your remarks about being banned from the forum have been extended to the other writers here.
    Last edited by Route.1; 25-03-12 at 19:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Route.1 View Post
    My post(s) are, and never have been intended to annoy or iritate anyone. This post was a genuine post suggesting that the Motability scheme is being abused. The tone of my post is, in my opinion, perfectly reasonable and acceptable to any reasonable person reading it / them. I have no intention or desire to cause annoyance or offence to any forum member.
    Please confirm whether your remarks about being banned from the forum have been extended to the other writers here.
    To confirm - people who cause trouble here, or repeatedly have their posts reported as troublesome by other users are frequently banned, as anyone who's been here for a while will attest.

Quote Originally Posted by Warkman View Post
    1) How do you know they are not the disabled driver? Should they have a badge tattooed on their forehead?
    2) The rules are quite specific, the car is to be used for the benefit of the disabled person, how do you actually know if that is not the case?
    Are you making assumptions beaded upon the Daily mail perhaps?
    What about those who have disabled children? Atre they supposed to drive the child to school, leave the car there, walk home, piuck up another4 car, drive to work and then after work drive home, walk to school and pick up the car and child?

What is the percentage of abuse of the Motability lease scheme? do you actually know?

If you are aware of actual abuses of the scheme, what have you done about it, apart from post on a forum?

I am sick to the back teeth of peoplassumptionsumpttions based upon some unfounded predjudice

Come backl with some facts please.
    agreed

i am disabled myself and as for the driving to work you can actually claim DLA and work, yes the system dose get abused but this is why the honest disabled driver loses out based on people making the wrong assumptions

Originally Posted by Warkman
    1) How do you know they are not the disabled driver? Should they have a badge tattooed on their forehead?
    2) The rules are quite specific, the car is to be used for the benefit of the disabled person, how do you actually know if that is not the case?
    Are you making assumptions beaded upon the Daily mail perhaps?
    This whole post/topic/subject is absolutely hilarious, I have nearly wet myself with laughing ... keep it up guys

Route.1
    Originally Posted by Warkman
    I don't think it would be accepted as being very politically correct, however your tattoo idea is worthy of further thought.
    Stone me, I am still in absolute pain from laughing …

Just a question.... But isn't it veiwed as abuse when the person who claims for the car but says they are unable to walk more than 20 yards without difficulty, yet are regular seen walking the entire length of the housing estate they live on while carrying bags and been seen hopping on buses to take them to hospital follow up appointments all the way up in London? Whilst the car they claim for is used by their own children to go to pick up the grandchildren from school??

I do not,and I don't know anyone who does, use a car in this scheme. The problem is that we all know that there must be some people abusing the scheme, but we have no idea how many - nor do the authorities.

If we, as ordinary citizens, see that benefits are being abused, then we should report it to the appropriate authority - as I certainly would - and not make a scattergun statement on a forum such as this.