Thread: im not sure where to post this, but

Default im not sure where to post this, but

ok, here's the story, time for renewing the car insurance, its not due until 04/04/2012 so i went on a couple of the compare site's, they came up with spme quotes that were ok, so i went to pay entered all my details ..... click, e-car insurance computer said there was a error with my details, and asked me to use another card which i did, entered all the info again .......... bingo, turned down again, so i double checked my bank account online, yes ive got enough money, so why was it playing silly b*ggers
    a few minutes later i get an email saying i had a provisional agreement with them until payment was recieved,

so my question is, after there system had told me that my payment had failed twice due to unknown errors, (i dont know if it was a problem with there computer system or my banks system) can they still take payment after i have told them i do not want to prodeed because of the problems i was having with there payment system, and i have now obtained insurance elsewhere due too this problem, due to this problem should i get a full refund for both cards that i used, as i paid twice and got nothing

First thing TW, was the site safe to enter financial details on?......... Was there a small yellow pad lock in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.? Also, did you remove your details after your card got turned down, because leaving the details on the page, leaves you open to fraud?

I have only given my details on line once, and that was to register with Pay-Pal, as after that you don't have to submit them ever again. It has been known for a transaction to go through, even if the details were knocked back.. It happened to one of my wife's sisters, and caused her a lot of hassle with getting her money back?

Contact them and tell them thank you but no thank you including any ref numbers etc. If they charge then you can get it back quicker. It might be worth asking your bank if they can block these transactions, should they go ahead, but ask how much it would cost. Oh yes, check your card in a cash machine if you can.

yes i do have a contact number for customer service, but its premium rate @ 1 a minute, so i dont really want to phone them, but i did get an email today saying

Dear Mr ************,

As a result of your recent instructions to cancel policy E***************, we can confirm that this policy will be cancelled with effect from 23:45, Wednesday 4th April, 2012.

If any premium is due to be returned to you, we will send you a cheque within 14 working days after the date the policy was cancelled.

Please note that it is an offence under Part VI of the Road Traffic Act 1988 to drive or otherwise use your vehicle on the public highway without insurance cover being in force.

Yours sincerely,
    Phil Read
    eCar

That`s good news then TW, as now you can reply to their Email for free now, so no need to worry about the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    That`s good news then TW, as now you can reply to their Email for free now, so no need to worry about the cost.

i still think they are going to con me out of my cash, the policy should of started @ 00.01 on 04.04.2012, they are canceling it from 23.45 on 04.04.2012, but i have informed them by email 13 or 14 days before policy starts that i do not want cover at all, due to the mess up with payments via there computer system, so im going to get charged most of what i payed in an admin fee, why do i feel im going to get ripped off here, nothing to do with me, but i end up the loser
    Last edited by tommytwotanks; 23-03-12 at 21:11.

The other option, which I read in another post, was to go to your bank and get them to cancel the payment. This would be perfectly legal as you have not signed any agreement papers yet.
    If you do get any hassle over this, then your credit card company are duty bound to help you, as you did use your credit card, good luck.

up-date, i went to my bank on saturday morning and told them the story, they said about contacting the fraud department and gave me the telephone number, so i then sent the insurance company an email saying about my bank had surgested contacting the fraud department, monday lunchtime i get a email reply saying

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that your policy was cancelled before inception. As cover has not yet commenced, you will be entitled to a full refund of the premium paid.

Before we can issue your full refund, we require your original Certificate of Motor Insurance.

I would recommend returning your Certificate of Motor Insurance via Recorded Delivery mail to ensure that it is received as soon as possible.

What a gip! They were obviously trying it on. By cancelling after it had started, they would undoubtedly have charged an 'admin' fee, which could have been any amount. I think we all agree that there are some dodgy insurers out there, but that one is heading for first prize rosette!