Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Your Driving Test Tips!

A first driving lesson is intimidating for anyone. If you find yourself not liking or bonding with your driving instructor ask for another instructor next time or change driving schools. Do not waste your time and money and wreck your confidence by worrying about getting on with your driving instructor.

tilt the rear view mirror slightly, so its more obvious you're using it to the examiner.

Would this not suggest to the examiner that you do not normally use your mirrors as they are in the wrong position? Examiners are professionals, they know if you are using your mirrors or not.

I passed my test on the 3rd attempt and with a new driving instructor, who I had about 9 lessons with in the fortnight leading up to the big day!

My top tip would be to drive as much as possible, and with your instructor whenever you can, in the last couple of weeks leading up to your test.

Top Tip. Book a morning test preferably about 9.30 am, rush hour is over, schools drops over and is early enough for you not to spend too much time fretting about your test.

Get a good night's sleep beforehand. Nothing affects your concentration as badly as fatigue, and you need all the concentration you have at your disposal.

Practice, practice, practice it makes perfect. Budget for at least 20 lessons that way you should get all the help you need professionally to pass. Find out who is a good instructor from other friends, family who passed their test.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    This month wed like to hear your tips for passing the UK Driving Test.

What should you do to prepare? What are your dos and donts for the big day? And how can you calm those pre-test nerves?

Seen a useful tip and want to add more? Or disagree with someone elses tip? Let us know here too!

Everyone who posts a tip for helping pass the UK Driving Test will be entered into a prize draw to win a TomTom Start Classic Sat Nav System. The competition will run close at midnight on 30th April. You can see the Sat Nav by clicking here

You can read the full T & Cs here
    Don't do your test too soon. If your instructor says your not ready then take their word for it. I really wanted to go for my test as I felt ready and I wanted to save money by not paying for anymore lessons. My instructor told me I wouldn't pass and that if I took just a few more lessons I had a much better chance. So I took the advice grudgingly but he was right. I passed first time!

Hi all,
    New drivers should always bear in mind that if you go showing off to your mates you risk the chance of going to prison for many years if you have an accident and kill or maim anybody, as well as probably never finding any insurance that will touch you ever,
    A car IS a lethal weapon and could kill many people in one single accident, if you survive the crash you WILL have this on your mind for the rest of your life,

So when taking your test keep this in the back of your mind and THINK what you are doing, if you make a mistake think next time and do not make the same mistake again,

If you pass your test DO NOT think you know it all, i have been driving for fifty years and i learn something new every time i go on the road,

Take your time use your eyes and be safe.

One of the necessary thing to pass your driving test in the first attempt is that you should learn the driving lessons from a professional driving school instructor in your area. By this you will be able to know how to drive your car properly on different roads and in different traffic conditions. Moreover you should also know the theoretical things as you have to pass the theory test before the practical one.

famous driving school Dublin