Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emails from the RAC Forum

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    Ok Snowball Google (say, windows live junk mail) I am sure you will find the solution; I have not time to look, hospital transport due any time now.
    Good luck.
    Thanks, and best wishes. Hope it's nothing serious.
    Snowball.

The best way to make all the changes to your Email account, is to go into the Options link, (top R/H corner of page) then click on Further Options, and you make all the changes you want to do.

The quickest way to set it though, is to mark the Email as Safe, then click on the link that appears, saying "send all Emails from whatever, to you In Box in future" job done, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    This website referred to Explorer emmail, which is a bit different in options to Windows7 Live *******. Thanks anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    The best way to make all the changes to your Email account, is to go into the Options link, (top R/H corner of page) then click on Further Options, and you make all the changes you want to do.

The quickest way to set it though, is to mark the Email as Safe, then click on the link that appears, saying "send all Emails from whatever, to you In Box in future" job done, good luck.
    Been going through this procedure several times, smudger. Options guidance isn't as concise as it could be; bit like "not seeing the wood for the trees" scenario.
    Any how, when I booted up this morning, the RAC Forum emails can into my INBOX as they normally did. Looks as if I have managed to bumble my way through the correct steps this time.

Hi Snowball, pleased to see your problem has been solved.
    Generally you will find a solution on the internet just Google it, adjust the question until you get relevant answers (windows7 junk mail).
    Now you are OK - I turn off junk mail filters, on the grounds that with it on there are two places to look for mail, Inbox, and Junk folder.
    My system is to check E-mail (Inbox) each time I use the computer. Off the Inbox, which is a folder, I have created several folders labelled with their contents e.g. one for each family member, gas, electricity, and various interests but none for the bank (a security measure, there is nothing on the computer to give a clue as to our bank). This enables me to read new mail, move it to the required folder, delete it as junk or not wanted.
    By this method the Inboxes natural state is empty or unread mail, no read mails. I have the same system for Sent mail (again Sent mail is just a folder). As you can see I do not have any problems finding E-mails. Should you be interested and need any help I will see you on the forum.

Thanks, wagolynn. I don't very much like the Windows Live email system. I am on Windows7 Home Premium, but it is quite an expensive upgrade to get the Explorer program similar to my old Windows 95. Not economically worth it, I'm afraid. I'm guessing that, when I ticked the RAC Forum email boxes, I accidentally hit the JUNK button instead of DELETE.

Quote....." I am on Windows7 Home Premium, but it is quite an expensive upgrade"

Yea! when I upgraded my old desk top to Windows 7, I had to buy all the hard ware and the disc from the same on line shop on Ebay, which saved me a lot of money, even though it was a Master Disc. Basically we rebuilt the computer into the same old box (which still has a 3" floppy drive?

It runs really fast now, and was well worth the effort and cost

There are any number of free E-mail programs for W7 Snowball; I think MrDanno is using one. The majority of them will import any existing E-mails you have on your system, and for the price of a cable from your old computer if it still works. (Outlook Express, stores E-mail in a special format to save disk space, others store them as text which can be loaded into a simple word processor and can be read) Windows 7 live mail, has a system for importing your old mail see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/w...features/email.