Thread: Possible not fit for purpose?

Default Possible not fit for purpose?

Hi all,

I bought a second hand Audi a4 (2009) from an Audi dealer in December 2011.

I had the car a week and the brakes started grinding when braking at low speed, the car was took into audi and a stone was removed from the nsf caliper.

Fine, christmas and new year passed and the noise returned. Back into audi, brakes rubbed down. Car returned to me, brakes continued to grind.

Car back to audi - this has happened back and forward going onto 7 times now. Going back in this week for the same issue.

I calculated and they have had the car longer in their workshop than I have personally driven the car.

Do I have any rights to refuse the car and get a full refund of the money I paid them back in December?

TIA.

Welcome to the site daz68, I wouldn't think so really, as the garage have tried several times to fix the problem for you, and you have driven it for 4 months now. You might have had a case if they refused to repair the car, but then that's just my thoughts on the matter, good luck.

The thing is, as I said in my op, they have had it longer than I have actually drove the car due to the car having the ongoing problem with the brakes.

They say there isn't a problem with the brakes but obviously there is or else the noise wouldn't be there.

I'm not clued up on all this, I saw similar cases online so I'm gonna have to take your word on that one

Thanks

Ah! don't take my word as gospel, that was just my thoughts on the matter, you could have a case. Have they replaced the brake pads at any time, as even though they are not totally worn down, they can still make a noise if it was a faulty batch?

I had a similar problem years ago with a Fiat, they had the car more than I did, it was an ex demonstrator,and it took me ages to get rid of it, even then I lost a lot of money in the deal

I agree with smudger, try Consumer Direct (Google will find it) web site for what your legal position is.