Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Management are not reading these forums

On 23rd March I emailed the Secretary to the Chairman and the Chief Executive of the RAC.

They appear to be out as I have not received an acknowledgement or a reply.

Reminder sent today . . . . see my site http://tinyurl.com/7dndzuk

Just so you know , there isnt a phone sat there that actually rings .
    The people in the call centre have a ear piece connected to a computer that informs the call taker who you are ( knows the number you dialled , informs them how to answer )
    and thats it , i rarely come on this forum ,
    It seems you got impatient and made your own arrangements , and thats the RAC`s fault because ?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Orange_Van View Post
    Just so you know , there isnt a phone sat there that actually rings .
    The people in the call centre have a ear piece connected to a computer that informs the call taker who you are ( knows the number you dialled , informs them how to answer )
    and thats it , i rarely come on this forum ,
    It seems you got impatient and made your own arrangements , and thats the RAC`s fault because ?
    The RAC Website http://tinyurl.com/7j5rozo states:

What number do I call if I break down?

If you are an RAC Member and have broken down, please call our emergency assistance team any time
    of day or night on 0800 82 82 82 (calls may be recorded and/or monitored).
    Clearly there weren't enough call-takers - if I dial an emergency number that is promoted as such then I expect it to be answered; even if assistance on the ground isn't available immediately. I know it's not 999 but we pay over 120 a year for a service which clearly has not delivered.

I hope you never have to stand in the cold, by yourself (4 year old grandchild in the car) with a broken suspension, hanging on for 8 minutes listening to a recorded message. My wife was lucky because a passing motorist stopped and helped so we made our own arrangements.

So YES the RAC weren't available and definitely failed to deliver the service we thought we had paid for.

Angry How does the operator know where a call comes from ?

Quote Originally Posted by sfj642 View Post
    The RAC Website http://tinyurl.com/7j5rozo states:

What number do I call if I break down?

If you are an RAC Member and have broken down, please call our emergency assistance team any time
    of day or night on 0800 82 82 82 (calls may be recorded and/or monitored).
    Following a telephone call with a member of senior management yesterday, I suggested that there ought to be operators assigned to each region. This would ensure that, in the event of bad weather in the east of England taking up all the lines, calls from the West of England can still be answered and prioritised.

As mentioned, this can be achieved with modern software: see http://tinyurl.com/csrndg3

BT spokesman Jason Mann said: "When we get a 999 call from a mobile phone, the operator can see which mobile mast the call came through and identifies which area's emergency department they should put the caller through to.

also see http://tinyurl.com/yj8ndte which shows where a landline call has come from

I am sure these technologies could be investigated and implemented in their call centres by senior management for the overall benefit of the RAC service.

Angry Emergency contact line not answered in breakdown situation

I have not seen a follow-up to this suggestion that might have avoided leaving an old age pensioner on her own with her 4 year old grand-daughter being unable to contact an operator on the RAC emergency line. Road conditions were good and RAC mobile staff were available locally.

Following a telephone call with a member of senior management, I suggested that there ought to be operators assigned to each region. This would ensure that, in the event of bad weather in the east of England taking up all the lines, calls from the West of England can still be answered and prioritised.

As mentioned, this can be achieved with modern software: see http://tinyurl.com/csrndg3

BT spokesman Jason Mann said: "When we get a 999 call from a mobile phone, the operator can see which mobile mast the call came through and identifies which area's emergency department they should put the caller through to.

also see http://tinyurl.com/yj8ndte which shows where a landline call has come from

I am sure these technologies could be investigated and implemented in their call centres by senior management for the overall benefit of the RAC service.

I have merged this with your original thread.

Mike - is there any point putting it back into the original thread; I haven't had a response yet so why put it back on here ?

Angry no response to complaint - failure to answer emergency telepohone

It seems quite clear that RAC Management could not care less about resolving this problem.

Instead of holding their hand out for the equivalent of 120 every year for the last 50 years they should be looking to improve their service and not ignore valid complaints that left an old age pensioner stranded.

I appreciate that other organisations may be no better - but was this not a time when the RAC could have provided BETTER service than their competitors ?

Yes, we shall go away, and with us, several of our friends and acquaintances who have been disillusioned by our story.

The RAC have scored an own goal on this one.

I have no idea how much the instigation of the system described would cost. One thing I am sure of though, is that if the RAC were to pay for this technology, the cost would be taken into account for membership subscriptions (insurance policy?).meaning that they would probably not be able to compete financially with the competition. This would possibly lead to more people moving away from the RAC than the occasional disgruntled customer.

Quote..."It seems quite clear that RAC Management could not care less about resolving this problem."

I have never known any management being concerned about "shop floor problems"