Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Senior Management are not reading these forums

Angry Senior Management are not reading these forums

Why don't senior management read these forums? A serious problem occurred on February 11th in an area unaffected by poor weather - see this thread: http://tinyurl.com/8xg7uod and my site http://tinyurl.com/7dndzuk

This has obviously not been sent on to senior staff as requested (or not read).

I repeat - this is a senior management problem that needs to be addressed

There may well have been an increased number of calls elsewhere in the country due to the poor weather conditions - however this does not alter the fact that road conditions in the South-West were good and ours was a genuine call for help due to a breakdown (not the weather) and local RAC call-out staff were not under undue pressure.

Even under the worst conditions elsewhere, someone in an unaffected area should be able to access a human voice in a position to prioritise and direct staff on the ground.

In the light of other comments on the forum, senior management need to look closer into how they can ensure that ALL calls can be picked up in all eventualities.

With respect to the hardworking staff "on the ground", please ensure that senior management see and respond to our concern.

Can someone in authority please answer this - and do NOT tell us that you didn't have enough staff on, you knew the weather wasn't good everywhere so why wasn't an operator assigned to areas where the weather was good but breakdowns still occur?

With respect even though the road condions were good in your area it doesn't mean we weren't busy in your area it also doesn't take a lot for a patrol to get delayed hence the time you waited. One thing I would like to ask is where you got your information as to the local Rac staff weren't under undue pressure?

Miss breakdown

Angry Senior Management are not reading these forums

My wife wasn't waiting for a patrol; she was waiting for someone to answer the telephone. Whether the call-out staff were busy or not is immaterial if someone in distress cannot get through to an operator. Had she been able to raise an operator, no doubt one of the local RAC call-outs could have attended in due course.

We do appreciate the RAC could have had a busy day in other parts of the country - however it begs the question that the RAC was unable to answer a call from an area that had no weather or road problems and so would have generated the normal level of calls.

We want to know the reason the South West of England effectively had no cover and was therefore unable to prioritise incidents ? I ask again why wasn't an operator assigned to areas where the weather was good but breakdowns still occur?

More importantly - what steps are the RAC taking to ensure that operators are available in each area to take and prioritise the important initial call from a motorist in distress?

If you are senior management then please ensure my questions are resolved - if not then please pass up the line of management.

I'm a patrol all the calls go in to two offices and are answered as quickly as they can be and inturn of queue time if busy they are not organised by areas As that could leave staff sitting idle and not answering other important breakdown calls.

Miss breakdown

Angry even less happy - RAC too busy to answer calls

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Breakdown View Post
    I'm a patrol all the calls go in to two offices and are answered as quickly as they can be and inturn of queue time if busy they are not organised by areas As that could leave staff sitting idle and not answering other important breakdown calls.

Miss breakdown

I just wonder how the 999 Service manages it ? Your explanation suggests that if it snows in Scotland, then the rest of the country is not covered ?

We pay well over 100 a year - for what? Surely it would be possible for the RAC to follow the example of a successful service? Each area should be assigned a queue - when the queue is gone then the operator would be available to answer calls from other regions. Easy enough with modern electronics.

The RAC has a serious bottleneck - sort it!

As you have answered I am assuming you have referred the matter upwards and I await the response from Senior Management.

management DONT listern to what patrols say

Quote......"management DONT listern to what patrols say "

That also applies in every industry

There speaks the voice of experience, well said Smudger.

Although RAC are committed to providing excellent service every day 365 days per year, we realise that things may not go to plan all of the time. Therefore we really do value your feedback on your personal experience of our service which is one of the reasons for setting up this site and the other various ways in which you may contact us. I have forwarded details of your concerns onto a manager within our Customer Care department in order that we may investigate your concerns. Please rest assured that we will contact you with our findings as quickly as we possibly can. Thank you for your comments in the meantime. Angela.

Thank you Angela - I await the comments from the Manager.