Thread: different tyres on all wheels

Default different tyres on all wheels

I recently purchased a car from a vauxhall dealer, the Zafira being 20 months old, had a different make of tyre on each wheel. The tyres are all the same type, but different makes. I am wondering wether to complain to the dealer.

That's a bit unusual. The rear tyres should last around 30-40,000 miles so you would expect the same on the rear at least. Depending on mileage the fronts would normally wear out together and be replaced as a pair. Dealers do swop wheels around to keep customers happy but you will have paid a large price for the car so you should expect better than this. The tyres should have plenty of tread and be well known top branded ones.

Just 20 months old? How many miles has the car done? Any idea what the tread depths are?

Welcome to the site stpwdcck, it sounds like the dealer has removed the good set of tyres, and replaced them with any old ones he had laying around his shop?

Not a good practise at all, but not illegal I'm afraid to say

The car has done about 15000 miles and the tyres have 4, 6, 7 and 8 mm on them. The tyres are a Uniroyal, a Continental, a Turanza (?) and a Bridgestone.
    If this is common practice, I wonder what else was swopped over while I was purchasing the car. I went to a main dealer because, I thought I would get a fair deal.