Thread: as i member why i am paying 38.85 and new customers 29.99 ??????????

Default as i member why i am paying 38.85 and new customers 29.99 ??????????

as i member why i am paying 38.85 and new customers 29.99 ??????????

They all do this. Do as Villabbc said above. AA one year, RAC next and so on. Currently Green Flag will beat any of these quotes.

Call the rac customer service. Put it forward that you are considering leaving. They sorted me out. I am now on the top package for the same price as asda

done the same with broadband,asked for end of contract date? got a good reduction

Aye! Sky offered me a 20% discount on our bill for 12 months, to try and get us to stay with them yesterday. Thing is, we have got a better deal with Virgin, with a huge increase in our Internet, from 10 to 60Mb, plus all the TV channels we had with Sky and a 24/7 phone deal.

All for 20 a month cheaper than we are paying just now

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    we have got a better deal with Virgin, with a huge increase in our Internet, from 10 to 60Mb
    That is *IF* it actually is that speed. I almost started a small war with Virgin over this. I was paying for 20mbps and it never got better than 13mbps and most of the time it was well below 10mbps, In the evenings it was little better than dial up.

It is all a con that they are allowed to use the term 'UPTO'.

Luckily they do not use this kind of false marketing when selling cars, Or we would be seeing cars that could do 'upto 200mpg'

Going back on topic, There is NO customer loyalty any more in the UK. New customers always get a better deal than existing 'mugs' that they hope will just keep paying the renewal.

MrDanno, I have had excellent speeds from Virgin, in fact it took me ages to get rid of the Sky Internet as they conned me into moving all 3 of our services over to them from Virgin last year. Don`t get me wrong, their TV and phone service was good, but their Net was totally rubbish!

They sent out the engineers 4 times, but still only got Dial Up speeds, in the end, after a lot of rows, they agreed not to hold me to the whole years contract, and we managed to get back to Virgin, for our Net as our Modem was still here, and we got the full 10Meg we were paying for, and always have done..

When we go back to them next month, we will get 60Mb and all the same channels we have now, so we are well chuffed

It's all a bit of a postcode lottery as to what you will get, I think what you'll get is UPTO 60mbps depending on how many people in your area also have it and how heavy they use it.

Most people who think they get X mbps never have actually checked to find out what they really are getting. Not to mention Virgin's Throttling policy.

These days I just have an old ADSL connection so it's maximum capability is 8mbps but, It is 8mbps night and day - everyday.

This will test your actual speed http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/