Thread: K11 Nissan Micra rear lights issue

Default K11 Nissan Micra rear lights issue

Hi,

I've got an issue with my rear lights. The reverse light does not work and the brake light on the same side (passenger) sometimes works and other times won't.

I've put a meter on the reverse light connector and there is voltage getting to it, I've also tried a bulb I know is working from the fog light on the other side.

I've been told it may be a bad earth, I've checked the earth near the drivers side rear light cluster and that is fine. Any ideas which earth to look at or what else could be causing the problem?

Have a close look at the connector on the light unit in case of corrosion on the pins. Presumably the indicator and sidelight work on the same side which suggests the main earth is okay? If the bulbs are correct type - ensure the pins are located correctly if it is the twin filament type (stop and tail lamp) - then the fault is in the bulb holder.

Thanks for the reply. I'll take apart the bulb holder and have a look. Funny thing is that the break light occasionally does not work. The other night it was not working, but it's fine today.

I've just taken apart the bulb holder and everything looks fine. I've also tried swapping the bulb holder from the drivers side over which I know the fog light works, but after swapping it to the other side it still won't work.
    Last edited by Syztemlord; 29-02-12 at 12:12.