Thread: Tyre pressure valves on vauxhall insignia

Default Tyre pressure valves on vauxhall insignia

Hi,

Anyone had problems with tyre pressure valves snapping on Insignia. My car is 14 months old and while taking dust cap of the valve snapped. Was told this problem is caused by corrosion and is not covered by warranty at a cost of 105.00 plus Vat. Has anyone changed the valve out to a normal rubber valve ( leaves warning light on ) etc

Thaks Mo

Check out the Consumer direct site (Google will find it). Contact Vauxhall UK yourself, I think the dealer is looking to make a bit extra on the side.

We see this quite a bit on cars that have metal valves water gets in the cap and corrodes the metal. You can on some put a normal rubber valve in but not really advised euro car parts do a kit which is a sensor and valve but they are seperate not built together maybe worth enquiring

Miss breakdown

Don't forget boys and girls that any car first registered after 01/01/2012 will fail the MOT if the tyre pressure monitoring warning light is on.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    Check out the Consumer direct site (Google will find it). Contact Vauxhall UK yourself, I think the dealer is looking to make a bit extra on the side.
    The point is corrosion is a fundamental design fault.

Thanks to all for their suggestions, but it looks as if I am stuck with a large bill as appart from the valve the dealers also charge for resetting the in car computer. With the onset of the new rules re tyre pressure warning lights this could result in a nice little earner for the dealers because a puncture will require the computer re-set after the tyre has been re-fitted.