Thread: UK to Alicante

Default UK to Alicante

I am contemplating driving to Alicante later in the year but am trying to work out the REAL cost. The one issue I have not yet been able to resolve is the cost of using toll roads. Does anyone know the approximate total cost of using toll roads /motorways through France and Spain?

Default Toll prices

If you take the direct route which is mainly motorways and toll roads it will cost you approximately 70.00
    If you goto www.viamichelin.com you can calculate a route which will give you toll charges for the journey as well as approximate fuel costs.

hope this helps.

Thanks, is that each way?

Hi again.

Yes that will be the cost each way.
    I am actually going down to Murcia next week and it should cost approx 250 from Calais including tolls and fuel (based on a family sized car).

Thanks very much.

Smile Route Map to Alicante

I am driving to Alicante soon and would like a Route usung toll Roads also we would like to know of safe hotels near the motorway to park overnight.

Default driving to ibiza

Hi i have a question for member hackett666 you sound as though you know most of the journey that i am going to be making and i was wondering how long it would take to get from Calais to Denia in spain. I have looked on several site and route planners and the time are very different you say that you are traveling to Mercia how long do you think that will take you if there is anyone that may be able to help i thank you in advance,

Quote Originally Posted by hackett666 View Post
    If you take the direct route which is mainly motorways and toll roads it will cost you approximately 70.00
    If you goto www.viamichelin.com you can calculate a route which will give you toll charges for the journey as well as approximate fuel costs.

hope this helps.
    Very good resource if you are planning to calculate the spendings for a journey. Thanks for it. I used it a few times already

Just as a matter of interest, I am looking at driving from the UK to Mercia, Spain and was wondering if anybody has had experience of the 21 hour drive, I mean can you do it in one go or do you stop off for the evening in France?

Even assuming you're sharing the driving with one or two others, 21 hours is a long time to be stuck in a car and that's assuming there are no hold-ups. You should be able to find a place to stay quite cheaply in France for the night, if you're not too fussy.