Thread: Nissan Micra - Battery Drain problem

Default Nissan Micra - Battery Drain problem

Hi I am new so please let me know if I haven't given the correct info. I have a Nissan Micra year 54 1.4 automatic about 84,000 on clock. I had my power steering column replaced recently with a reconditioned one since then I keep getting a battery drain some times overnight, sometimes a couple of days. I have replaced with a new battery and the same thing happens. I know power steering problems and battery drain problems seem to be common when googling nissan micra's! I have had two mechanics look at it and have tested the electrics and they say no drain can be found. Now from googling some people suggest it is the immobliser or radio that could be the culprit. Would both of these show up when testing the electrics. The radio has not had the code put back in since the power steering column has been changed. I am going to speak to the mechanic about this tomorrow but if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks

As the problem has only happened after the new column was fitted, take it back. Its up to the garage to sort the fault at no cost to you. They should swap the column again. If you think the radio is draining, simply remove the fuse. The immobiliser will not be draining unless its faulty.

Thanks I will speak to them about the power steering again. It seemed the most natural explanation to me but the garage said no it wouldn't be that! oh well.

Hi
    I just wanted to know how much was the cost for the steering column? and were you getting the PS error as well?

Please let me know asap.

Thanks

The reconditioned power steering column was 400 of ebay - the seller was BBA and it was about 150 to fit. I did have the PS error. The problem above was a rouge light in the boot that was causing the drain and not the power steering.