Thread: VW Fox 1.4 first ride

Default VW Fox 1.4 first ride

Today we road tested a two year old VW Fox which my wife liked the look of. We went to a VW main dealer where the Fox (used as a customer car and a demo) was for sale. I found the car very nice and high up (compared to MINI) and it went pretty good. Only three doors but thats ok and a decent boot with full size spare plus one years VW guarantee. Its a bit basic and plasticky but good value I think. I was shocked and stunned when dealer said road tax 155.... thats a bit high I thought how they fix it at this level?

I think they set the road tax (not called that any more?) by the level of omissions from the car these days. We are luck really as our wee Smart car only costs 30 a year, if I got the newer version it would be free.

Being a but higher from the ground is handy as well for me, as I have a back injury to put up with. If you really like that VW you ;looked at, go for it

Sorry Smudger they offered me C**p money for the P/X. Still it was a grand day out and free tea. Being retired its surprising just what you can get away with.

Aye! we used to go out and do things like that, but that was before my wife's illness progressed, still, they were good times

Sorry to hear that my friend.

Aye! we never know what life is going to throw at us, do we? Still we have to make the best of things.