Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breakdown

Default Breakdown

Very impressed by your member of staff that came to my rescue. I was advised that I could buy a new battery elsewhere cheaper. But when you are stranded, you don't have much choice. Disappointed to find out that I could get one elsewhere with a five year guarantee for under 50, but I was charged 84.95. Also very disappointed by waiting 1 & 1/4 hours, despite being alone & no heating in the car. I was froze. Your staff member I couldn't fault. Thorough, helpful & a asset to your Company.

Welcome to the site Igbrooks, glad you were happy with the outcome of your breakdown. That subject of the cost of a battery has already been discussed on here, and you are not alone in your opinion.Yet others have posted, as did you, that they felt cornered into buying it due to being broken down. I personally haven't had to buy a replacement car battery, but when you consider that you do get a five year guarantee with it, and that it was fitted for you in situ as it were! it's not all that bad a deal really, good luck.

Default Breakdown

As I said the other companies were providing a 5 year guarantee & 34.95 cheaper!!! Several companies fit free of charge.
    Also very disappointing to have to wait 75 minutes, being alone & frozen with no car heating working.
    The only positive was your excellent member of staff that came to my assistance.

Default Breakdown - Battery

Well, I was ripped off even more than I thought.
    I spoke to my garage this morning. They would have charged me 35 for the battery, fitted, with a five year guarantee. So the RAC, CHARGED AN EXTRA 50!!!! Disgraceful..

Ouch! That is expensive!!

Default Breakdown

Indeed it is, a total rip off. They charge enough for membership, without ripping you off.
    Now just got to get the other part they recommended, but looks like it has to come from Belgium.

you will get the standard reply I expect

Whilst I am pleased that you were happy with the service provided by our Patrol (which I have forwarded to him - thank you), I am sorry that you are disappointed with the length of time you waited and with the cost of the battery that RAC supplied to you. Our records show that you called at 18:12, your vehicle was on Carters of Swanwick/train station carpark. You were advised we would aim to arrive within the next 60 minutes. I understand that we actually did so in 69 minutes. We aim to attend swiftly and I am sorry if the additional 9 minutes caused you any undue distress for this was not our intention.
    We do not claim to provide the cheapest batteries and we do not pressure sell. As you have stated, you were advised that you may be able to source a replacement cheaper from another source. Our Patrol would have been happy to simply jump start your vehicle in order that you could have done so. Instead you chose to purchase a battery from RAC and I am sure you will find this to be a prudent purchase in the future. Our batteries are of a high quality and are supplied with a comprehensive 5 year 365 days per year 24 hours per day warranty. Whilst we would attend if a battery supplied by a third party failed, we would not be able to exchange it FOC under their warranty. Once we had taken you home/a destination of your choice, you would have to make your own arrangements to return to your supplier, within their operating hours, which may be inconvenient. I am sorry that you are disappointed but I appreciate your feedback.
    Angela

Default Breakdown

I note the comments of the RAC.

When you've broken down, garages have closed & you're told the RAC could fit one, you're bound to accept the offer.

I think being alone & in the freezing cold with no heater, you should have arrived in an hour. Your breakdown guy was great.

However, when my garage could provide a quality battery, also with a 5 year guarantee, how can you justify charging an extra 50? I wouldn't have commented if it had been 10/15 or so. But AN EXTRA 50 IS EXTORNIATE.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on the type/quality of battery that your garage claim they can provide for 35.00. I can only reiterate my previous comments regarding the quality and comprehensive warranty of the product you have purchased from RAC.
    Angela