Thread: Hinda Accord And Honda Civic

Default Hinda Accord And Honda Civic

We have an Accord & a Civic both 2005 models owned from New

They are both average cars but have had a few major issue over the last 6-7 years

Accord,

Timming chain failed , Manifold Failed both were replaced under the Honda extended warranty since the car was over 5 years old at the time. Fuel consumption was reasonable, no where near the 50mpg as stated for the 2.2i-cdti more in the range of 32 mpg.

Civic, type S

Bearing has failed in the gearbox twice over 6-7 years, Honda have recalled some models but not the 1.6 type S version. so much for reliability

we wont be buying Honda's again, Gona go back to BMW's

I'm surprised to hear this. I've never owned a Honda but always heard they were the epitome of reliability. It's always good to read reviews for the specific model you're considering.

To top it off i've just has to replace the alternator and alternator belt on the accord due to the premature failure of the alternator at a cost of 600 from my local dealer, a design fault that put too much stress on the alternator but not recognised as one since only certain models affected. I wont be buying Honda's again, Going back to BMW's in March.

How about a KIA they now have a Seven Year Warranty!

True but not an executive vehicle. BMW it is, on order for March. had a 5 series in the past, made a mistake when i bought a new Honda for misses an me. My brother has owned a 7 Series for 10 years now with minimal problems

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    How about a KIA they now have a Seven Year Warranty!
    Have you read the terms and conditions smudger?

No, but I take it from your post, that they are strict and have plenty of "get out clauses" when it comes to a claim.

Like the old favourite ones, that its not transferable when you sell the car within the warranty period, or you miss a service date?

Failures with my Honda Accord Tourer (56 plate) 2.2i-cdti: Cracked exhaust manifold, replaced under extended warranty: Clutch slip at 100k, about 900 to replace: Alternator failure at 107K, about 600 to replace. All these are common faults. There is a redesigned serpentine belt modification to stop the alternator bearings from failing prematurely. I haven't done this yet.