Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAC on Channel 5 - Winter Road Rescue

Yes, I wonder where that is in the T and Cs that everyone goes on about? The van should never have been allowed to go the first time it broke down as it did not like starting at all. So the answer seems to be that if you hit a pothole and damage the car and the RAC will not come out, just tell them you are going to the pub and they will tow you there. Or maybe not unless there is a Channel 5 TV crew in your car.

highly edited,didnt see the amount of paperwork that has to be done,or offering upgrades,or checking membership

Listen to you two, do you get paid to whine about the RAC ?

Quote Originally Posted by davesdad View Post
    highly edited,didnt see the amount of paperwork that has to be done,or offering upgrades,or checking membership
    if they were insurance based or fleet based memberships they are based on the car /van reg so checking membership and upgrades is not nessecary

miss breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by RecyAce View Post
    Listen to you two, do you get paid to whine about the RAC ?
    Oh yes, when its obvious the cameras had such a big influence on the featured beer run.

Don't tell me you would have done the same in normal circumstances? Still, now we know why the RAC don't come out to situations they call 'accidents' when everyone else would: too busy showing off their acting skills.

What a good way to save on the advertising budget too........

I think you will find the AA have the same stance on what is considered and accident and what is not. They also will not attend free of charge.

So why did they send a van out in the snow to move a car from a driveway on to the road? It wasn't broken down.....

Shouldn't really have commented, i havent seen this programme

They needed assistance not recovery, watch on thursday night and you will see that members also refuse assistance and put patrols in danger, calling for help and then refusing it that stops other members getting help quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometune View Post
    Oh yes, when its obvious the cameras had such a big influence on the featured beer run.

Don't tell me you would have done the same in normal circumstances? Still, now we know why the RAC don't come out to situations they call 'accidents' when everyone else would: too busy showing off their acting skills.

What a good way to save on the advertising budget too........
    the programme makers want different situations, how boring would it be to show jump start after jump start?