Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying on line - payment taken when item not in stock.

Quote..." We have two separate PayPal accounts using two debit cards but they are on the same bank account"

That is exactly what we wanted to do, but it seemed impossible for anyone working there to understand that?

So rather then lose our account, we just gave up trying explain it to them?

Smudger, if you want the two accounts just logon to PayPal and go through creating a new account from the start (as though you are a new customer) i.e. create a new password etc. This will be for the card that is not already registered. That's all we did, the two cards on the account will have different card numbers, only the account number and the name of the account will be the same. You should end up with two different PayPal accounts with different account names and different passwords. I hope this works for you.

Right then Wagolynn I will try that, and let you know how it goes.

Well, it was really weird, as after filling in all the details they wanted, it said that I "couldn't have another account on that bank account number"

So I went back and deleted all the information from all the pages, for safety. Then while doing that, I got an Email from Pay-Pal, so when I had finished deleting everything, I opened the Email.

It said "congratulations on creating your new Pay-Pal account" and gave me a link to click on to confirm my details, and that was it...........I'm in again

Well, a bit of good news. Email says item to be delivered today, and gives a very specific time slot. So my trepidation from the report I heard of someone having trouble with this company is unfounded in this instance. In future, i will use my credit card and then pay in full afterwards; that offers a bit more protection.

On the subject of credit cards, I haven't used mine for some time, and yesterday discovered it expired in July 2011. I have never received a replacement so contacted the credit company, who advised me that a new card was sent out in June 2011. Obviously lost in the post.
    Fortunately, it is necessary to validate the card by telephone and password, so it would be useless to anyone who might have got hold of it.
    Why do not banks send debit/credit cards by recorded delivery?

From Snowball's post above: 'Why do not banks send debit/credit cards by recorded delivery? '
    It is because of the cost. The loss of the occasional card is less than the cost of sending cards by recorded or registered post.

Does anyone know what % or commission that Ebay charge when we sell something on there?

I haven't sold anything on there for some years now, and I cant remember?

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Does anyone know what % or commission that Ebay charge when we sell something on there?

I haven't sold anything on there for some years now, and I cant remember?

It is 10% upto 40 max. Much more than it used to be but, In my opinion it is still one of the best places to sell or buy things. I'd go as far as saying it is one of the best ways of selling a car.

I forgot to say, Don't forget it you accept payment via Paypal you'll have to give them a cut too. I'm not sure what Paypal charge these days.
    Last edited by MrDanno; 14-01-12 at 23:34.

Many thanks for that much appreciated. We have never have been charged for using pay pal?