Thread: Renault clio 1.2 16v petrol

Default Renault clio 1.2 16v petrol

Hi
    I have a renault clio 1.2 16v petrol. its a 2003 plate. Recently i have been having major problems. The car shudders jolts loses power and stops. This is scaring me more and more as i constantly have my 2year old with me. i have seen so many garages who cant find a fault. brought it back from the garage today. parked and the key fob wouldnt lock. When i tried starting the car the car does not start. It revs like its going to start but cuts out!! Im so stressed over this and the worst thing is i cant even buy a new car as all the savings went on this stupid car

Someone please HELP!!!!

This should be in the technical and maintenance section.

Use the search box at the top right hand side of the page. Type in renault clio 1.2 and there are hundreds of replies for this car!

Hi there halima. My Mrs has a 1996 Clio 1,2 8v petrol. She came home just before Christmas with the same probs as you describe. I opened bonnet and checked ignition leads/spark plugs. Number three plug was LOOSE!! and the ignition lead was also loose. Replaced all the plugs (5) and WD40 on the ignition leads now a happy little Clio once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Morris Mini View Post
    Hi there halima. My Mrs has a 1996 Clio 1,2 8v petrol. She came home just before Christmas with the same probs as you describe. I opened bonnet and checked ignition leads/spark plugs. Number three plug was LOOSE!! and the ignition lead was also loose. Replaced all the plugs (5) and WD40 on the ignition leads now a happy little Clio once more.
    The OP's car is the 16v which is completely different and suffers from poor wiring harnesses in the engine compartment. The thread on the Clio 1.2 16v is one of the biggest on here!