Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Rac Recuitment A Joke !?

Not really , don't want actual questions, just examples of what type of questions are asked for revision....duh??? like topic examples....

but if i give you examples then you will know the questions

the telephone interview .... muhahahahahah , brush up on all aspects . i was amazed how much i was out of touch , when i brushed up for mine
    Last edited by haggis@home; 07-12-07 at 21:49.

Honestly don't worry too much.You will be expected to show some problem solving skills-but it really is about being methodical and sensible.
    Like Haggis says if we give any example questions that will give you the answers
    Have you had the telephone interview yet? When I joined 18 months ago the telephone interview was ten questions-then I had an assessment day which included a technical interview, a normal interview and a mock breakdown on a vehicle.
    Last edited by Sussex Patrol; 07-12-07 at 22:01.

Yeah I'v had the telephone interview. Passed that no probs.just concerned about the technical interview???

20 questions and they are looking at youre understanding of a particular part or procedure
    Last edited by MerseyPatrol; 08-12-07 at 00:50. Reason: I mat have given some answers to possible questions that may be asked. silly me

Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Yeah I'v had the telephone interview. Passed that no probs.just concerned about the technical interview???
    when i had my tech interview it was hell , the bloke put me under lots of pressure . but i passed that ....

Default Dont panic

Hi
    Got interview for patrol vacancy next week can anyone tell me what they ask in the technical interview????
    Dont panic about it m8 , the guy/woman doing the interview will know their stuff but knowing your going to be nervous they ask questions and drag the info out of you .
    If you dont know an answer , ask questions back .. thats how all patrols get the real reason peoples car break down in the real world .
    The day you start is the day you start learning about cars ... You have to get in your head that you dont have to fix everything you go to , but making temp repairs just to get things running , bypassing things .... generally a good bodge will do ... so long as you do the paperwork explaining what you did .
    If all else fails ... tow it

I returned to rac 2 yrs ago after 5 year break. Phone interview was ok BUT assesement day was very hard. 2 breakdown roleplays, technical assesment interview and grilling by patrol manager and trainer for @45 minutes. Left there with headache and thought it was different job I was going for to the one I had left in 2001 yet once back out on road nothing has changed that much.
    You fix what you can, lash up where you have to and tow the rest.easy money really!

Question

After the interview does anyone know how long it takes to find out if you got the job or not. Went for assessment day last wednesday not heard anything yet, just saw the job I went for advertised again on the net:....Do they let you know either way

When I had my interview day I was told it could be up to two weeks-but luckily got a call the same evening.