Thread: Astra G Fault code fix

Default Astra G Fault code fix

Hi

I have a late 2003 astra G 1.6 LS, I have the fault code 1482 second speed rad fan.

Now this is a late model one with Aircon and has a single Rad fan and NO control box under the wing, and not the same relay setup as the earlier astras.

I have checked all relays and fuses( I Can Find) under the bonnet. I came to the conclusion it was the fan motor, which has now been replaced and still the same..

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this without going to a dealer and spending $$$$$$ on it.

I have run out of ideas of where to look next, its getting a bit frustrating.

I am assuming it must be a relay or fuse somewhere, but in the main fuse box there are lots of relays/fuses and they are not really labelled well..

I cant be the only one in the world with a late astra G with this issue???

thanks

Cliff

hi,
    have you checked the voltage rectifier on the heater.

P1482 means the second stage speed has failed. This is controlled by the relays. In the relay box under the bonnet there are 6 large relays and 2 small ones. Relays nos 2 and 6 are for the coolant motor.

Ok as I said Mine is the newer Astra G with one fan and it has only 5 relays in the box, a small black one, two purple and two green(from memory) and position 6 is a fuel injector relay and position 2 is empty, but I have tested all the relays and they all work just encase.

but if you can point me to a picture of the relays I am supposed to check just to make sure I am not being daft, as Like I said this astra is different to 90% out there and does not have the control box and the box is not full of relays

And I assume by voltage regulator you mean the coiled resistors and diode on the main fan lead, these are part of the fan unit and got replaced with the fan.

thanks

Cliff

The info I gave is from Autodata so likely does not cover every configuration. There is no cooling module shown with this arrangement. Have a word with the tech line on this number who may be better able to help as they have all the Vauxhall technical info to hand. All their advice is free. 01924 376003.