Thread: Short term Europe insurance

Default Short term Europe insurance

Hi,

Thing is, I'm confused, I want to export a vehicle (haven't bought it yet) and register it in another country (drive it there trough france) so buying a full years insurance is pointless. But I've read the terms and conditions for the short term insurance companies and the ones that do apply cover in Europe only do so if the start and end of the journey is in the UK.

I've tried searching Google for a company that sells what I need but just couldn't find one.

So what kind of insurance do I buy to export a car?

Alex
    Last edited by AlexT; 30-11-11 at 20:43.

Try a local, to you, insurance broker, they should sort you out.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    Try a local, to you, insurance broker, they should sort you out.
    Already tried one. Went to my local Swinton and they said they can't help me, short term insurance isn't valid in Europe, and they just said I should research more into it. Basically they were nice but useless.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
    Already tried one. Went to my local Swinton and they said they can't help me, short term insurance isn't valid in Europe, and they just said I should research more into it. Basically they were nice but useless.
    Some might say Swinton are useless, I couldn't comment. Try a small local independent (perhaps one man) broker.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
    Swinton are not an insurance broker, they are an insurance company. A broker deals with many insurers on behalf of his client. See Beelzebub's post #4

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub View Post
    Try a small local independent (perhaps one man) broker.
    Ok. Will do that...

The best option might be to take out a year's insurance and then cancell it. They usually charge around the 50 mark for the cancellation but you can check out the small print before you buy online. Alternativly there are many firms that will deliver it for you although I don't know what they would charge.