Thread: Out of date endorsement on my UK licence will it affect USA car rental?

Default Out of date endorsement on my UK licence will it affect USA car rental?

I've just realized that my SP30 (speeding) endorsement dated June 1994 is still on my licence & I'm looking to rent a car in USA next week. However I know that there was no question about my being able to hire & drive a car in Florida in 1999. I"m thinking of taking a print out of the Direct.gov info explaining SP30 and its duration. I'll also contact Alamo to check. It's been out of sight so out of mind! Any experiences?

When obtaining a quote for car insurance, most insurers go back only 5 years for details of previous driving offences. Your SP30 is so ancient I would not think it would be detremental for you.

Many thanks - reassuring. Alamo person answering LA phone suggested I get a "DVLA headed/official letter to state my points not longer valid" i.e. printed off on-line info re the meaning & duration of the points is insufficient - that's when you realize how inaccessible some services are, I'm sure because of the volume of applicants in England. We are also constantly trained to do everything on-line. International Alamo reservations person stated that '3 points' not a problem. Nevertheless huge anxiety for me as I really need to be able to drive to make all my various bookings throughout California! The stupid thing is that I kept my original police endorsement notices but not a letter 1998 notifying me that it could be removed. Brain not in gear.