Thread: Disgusted

Default Disgusted

I was out and about yesterday after the collision on the M1. I was thoroughly disgusted by the way a lot of the local roads and roundabouts were grid-locked by people who could go nowhere yet still insisted on being in the 'wrong'* lanes, and blocking roads and roundabouts causing unnecessary delays for those whose route was clear. I was travelling against the normal flow, and I was not caused any extra delays, so this is not a matter of sour grapes.
    *Using second lanes on dual carriageways to access on-slips, and using second lanes on approaches to roundabouts to turn left when there was nowhere to go.
    Last edited by Rolebama; 23-11-11 at 09:32.

i think its all to do with the me first attitude that more and more people seem to have now, the cant wait, cut you up, queue jumping that causes the accidents, i see it quite a lot driving about, people changing lanes at the last minute, queue jumping hoping to push in further up the road

Quote Originally Posted by tommytwotanks View Post
    i think its all to do with the me first attitude that more and more people seem to have now, the cant wait, cut you up, queue jumping that causes the accidents, i see it quite a lot driving about, people changing lanes at the last minute, queue jumping hoping to push in further up the road
    Exactly, and you don't need a total stoppage (e.g., RTC) to see this kind of behaviour on a daily basis.

It always reminds me of the old car chase films, they must keep going regardless of the consequences.
    I looked up motorised vehicle in the dictionary expecting to find the definition to be some sort of machine that will self-destruct if it is ever stationary with people inside it.