Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 515f with orange startup screen

Is there a Re-Set button on the back of it? If there is, you will need a pen/pencil to push it in.

The S.D card that's in it, has all the maps on it, push it in to remove it, wipe the contacts with a clean cloth, then re-fit it, that might help, good luck.

I've just bought one of these today and have exactly the same issues (plus I'm now quite miffed that Beefman only paid 12 for his useless wee package as I paid 50 !!!) If this is an RAC associated site why isn't somebody from the RAC entering this discussion with huge apologies and promises of sat navs with new cars attached by way of compensation for the obvious disappointment and confusion we have undergone ??? I admit to not being the most technical of people but reading their instructions suggests the pandas in Edinburgh could have this kit up and running in no time and they'd be on their way back to China by now !! Has anybody bought one of these that works? Did it have a CD/DVD ? Were the instructions slightly more involved?

Welcome to the site Danjo, you said..."Did it have a CD/DVD ?"

You should have got a Disc with the sat-nav which gives you everything you need, from instructions to the drivers required.
    In fact, I've just checked that out by reading the disc that came with my one.

If you need any other help, call the number on the back of your unit, and have your computer on line at the same time, as they may be able to talk you through the setting up routine, good luck.

Thanks for your efforts Smudger, but I'm taking it back tomorrow coz its a heap of ****. There was no disc and no mention of a disc...... I think in some companies, assumptions are being made that we're all Bill Gates types and automatically know how to upload our downloads and find drivers encrypted with code that James Bond couldn't work out. When I'm looking for simple, I mean simple in its most simplistic and simplest format !! Thanks again anyway, your help was appreciated.

Hi there, just wondered if anybody has been able to get the 515f working? I'm currently on my 3rd one! (in the hope that I would get that one that works) My problem with it is that it intitially turns on automatically when first charging it, you tick the disclaimer & then I can basically set off & go, no need to do anything with sdcards/discs etc & works fine. Then as soon as I switch it off that's it....dead! It wont switch back on at all, I've tried charging it for 3hrs, it just will not power on at all???!!!! Any suggestion as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.

With a brand new unit, I would be thinking in terms of 12 hrs charging.

I bought one and I'm having the same problem....no SD card supplied....thought you just plugged it in and off it went.....if it doesn't, it's a con. Anyone help??

Quote Originally Posted by Dazbuzz View Post
    I bought one and I'm having the same problem....no SD card supplied....thought you just plugged it in and off it went.....if it doesn't, it's a con. Anyone help??
    from what i can remember, you have a customer service number on the back of the unit, call them and they will be able to advise you, you will need to down load activesyc from microsoft, and download route 66 to get you free up-dates

Quote Originally Posted by tommytwotanks View Post
    from what i can remember, you have a customer service number on the back of the unit, call them and they will be able to advise you, you will need to down load activesyc from microsoft, and download route 66 to get you free up-dates
    Thanks....tried to connect to my pc and my pc woon't even find the device!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazbuzz View Post
    Thanks....tried to connect to my pc and my pc woon't even find the device!!!
    i assume you have windows XP, when i had my 315 i think it was, when i up graded to windows7 i could no longer up-date because i could no longer down load activesync from microsoft for some reason, i now have a tomtom xxl, its great but the up-dates a b****** expensive so im going to put off up-dating as long as i can