Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what your car is most likely to fail it's MOT on, according to VOSA

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    In the past, it was part of male pride to 'know' about ones car. Since male emancipation, it becomes a matter of male pride to not know. Ladies, on the whole, continue to leave it to the men...
    Whimps!

I caravanning acquaintance of ours has a fairly new car which is serviced annually. Recently, towards the end of our holiday, I asked him if he would like to borrow my 12-volt inflator to increase his tyre pressures for towing. He declined the offer and said that he checks nothing (including tyres) between services. In respect for our friendship, I did not respond with my own thoughts, but I don't think I did him any favours by not doing so!

I have come across too many peoople who don't even know how to open their bonnet to be really surprised by the results. Similarly, I have attended 'breakdowns' which were so easily avoidable with the occasional check. I must admit thought that the Devil in me was sometimes brought out when I had to tell someone their engine was deceased through lack of oil.
    As to the male pride thing, especially among the younger ones, the only thing they seem to know now is just how to turn up the volume on the CD player to enthral us with their high volume bass, or where to go to get their exhaust back box exchanged for a louder one.