Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hundreds Snared In Uninsured Driver Action

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    davesdad, regarding your comment in post#2, if I lived in that area I would have challenged the authorities to prove the legality of their decision to remove the cameras. It is certainly not legal to give any preferential treatment to one section/area of a community to assist evasion of the law; where that treatment does not exist in other areas.
    If you belive that you must live in a predomently white area

Sorry, davesdad, but that is not relevant. Whatever the community situation, the law is the law, and no authority can legally bend it to suit their own interpretation of how it should, or should not, be applied. And it isn't subject to a majority vote.

Quote Originally Posted by davesdad View Post
    We could have had the same results in Birmingham as ANPR camera`s were installed in certain area`s of the city,but after this human rights of ethnic minorities the cameras were deamed illegal and had to be taken town
    Are you certain it was not CCTV cameras that were removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Sorry, davesdad, but that is not relevant. Whatever the community situation, the law is the law, and no authority can legally bend it to suit their own interpretation of how it should, or should not, be applied. And it isn't subject to a majority vote.
    I think the reason for the removal of the (CCTV?) cameras is called politics Snowball.

They - CCTV not ANPR - were installed for the security services in regard to possible terrorist activity following 9/11. The local Asian community resented being 'spied on' so they were removed.

Quote.." The local Asian community resented being 'spied on' so they were removed."

I wonder what would happen if it was natural citizens that had complained about them?

Providing you get enough people to complain along with you, exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wagolynn View Post
    Providing you get enough people to complain along with you, exactly the same.
    I would seriously wish to believe that. CCTV has provided some very good evidence for the benefit of victims of crime. Every person, regardless of creed or culture, should recognise this fact. If a person has no intention of committing a crime, or any other form of misdemeanour, then they have nothing to fear. If they do commit, or intend to commit, a crime, then why should law-abiding citizens have their protection removed to make things easier for the criminal. Or to satisfy the bent-brained idealist, for that matter.
    I often wonder what is the true agenda of these "human rights do-gooders".

Like most things in life Snowball, you have to be, to understand. A driver cannot understand cyclists, they in turn cannot understand drivers, similarly being in a clearly identified minority is incomprehensible to the majority, then throw in a hand full of religion...

I believe it is called 'positive discrimination'. It allows an employer to advertise for a female black person, but not a white male. Personally, as a whilte heterosexual Englishman, I begin to feel like an outcast in my own country.