Thread: Downloading RAC insurance certificate

Default Downloading RAC insurance certificate

Is it possible to download RAC car insurance certificates? I've misplaced mine and need it soon to renew my car tax. I'm concerned that requesting RAC to send me by post could take too long.

If you done it online you may have an email with it attached as a lot off companies are doing this these days however what about ordering your tax disc online it's so much easier.

Miss breakdown

Thanks.

I did get it online and I have also requested a tax renewal online. However, I would still like a proper tax certificate that will actually print out with the RAC LOGO. I can imagine an overly strict police officer not accepting my print out because it doesn't have the RAC logo pronted properly.

The police can check your insure on a data base called mid so you will have no problems there

Miss breakdown

You can also check whether you're on the MID database (if you're the owner of the vehicle) at http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Quote...." I'm concerned that requesting RAC to send me by post could take too long."

You wont have to worry about, as long as it the "starting date" on it. I remember years ago (before computers) when I was asked by plod for a "producer" I told them my insurance certificate was in the post, and all I had was a "cover note"

All I had to do after it had arrived was to produce it at the station, where they checked that I was covered on the date I was stopped, no problem.

I'm afraid insuarance is not our side of the business, but if you email:
    Customer.relations@bglgroup.co.uk
    they should be able to answer your query.
    MC