Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pseudonyms - how did you choose yours?

Default Pseudonyms - how did you choose yours?

When perusing forums, do you ever wonder why certain forum names are chosen?
    Here's how I picked the name "Snowball".
    When I was a small tot, my hair was so fair that it appeared white, and my dad nicknamed me Snowball. As I got older, my hair darkened to auburn, but the name stuck. Often, when playing in the street, my dad would shout, "Snowball", much to the amusement of my pals and, even if he wasn't in view, we all knew he was calling me. Nobody else, not even my mum, called me by this name. But, if my dad used my given name, I was usually in trouble.

As I moved into my teens, the nickname dropped out of use, and a shortened version of my given name took over. I suppose that using this nickname now is a form of reminder of my childhood days, and an attachment to the memory of my late father.

Mine is really boring. Just the first two letters of my names.

Mine is patently obvious on this forum.

On others, I use Vulcan. I was a member of the Vulcan to the Sky club which raised money to help put the Vulcan bomber back into the air again. XH558, her serial number, was based at RAF Scampton in the mid 70s where I worked on her as an engine technician. So, a bit like Snowball, just a memory/reminder.

Mine was an automatic one, as anyone who has the name of Smith in the Navy is called Smudger.

There are other nick names that are given in the forces, and the history of them is really interesting when you start to research them.

I'm female and I do breakdowns lol

Miss breakdowns

Mine is part of my dogs racing name from before I got him, These days all he does is eat and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Breakdown View Post
    I'm female and I do breakdowns lol

Miss breakdowns
    How many female operators are there in the breakdown industry? Could we see Miss Breakdown1, Miss Breakdown2, etc., in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanno View Post
    Mine is part of my dogs racing name from before I got him, These days all he does is eat and sleep.
    So, nothing to do with Hawaii 5 O?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    How many female operators are there in the breakdown industry? Could we see Miss Breakdown1, Miss Breakdown2, etc., in the future?
    3 female patrols on Rac Aa have 6 I believe and theres a number that work in garages around my area

Miss breakdown

My one dates from my immediate working days (meter inspection). When working, I tried to keep things light hearted when talking to customers, one old boy who lived in Kings Lynn, I called several times in quick succession, as I sorted out his utility billing problems for him, (he could not believe the power companies would overcharge him). He always greeted me with, “here comes wagolynn", he thought it was better than, ‘im from Yorkshire’.