Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100,000+ petition gets government to debate fuel prices

Default 100,000+ petition gets government to debate fuel prices

Great news for all FairFuelUK Campaign Supporters
    Assuming there are no issues with any unforeseen Government's priorities, we have just been notified that there will be "the FairFuelUK debate" in the House of Commons on Tuesday November 15th. This is fantastic news.

The Campaign team wishes to thank Natascha Engel MP, Chair of the Back Bench Business Committee, who schedules Government allocated time to such important issues for debate. She has responded very quickly to the intense pressure the campaign and its supporters has put onto all MPs and her Committee in the last few days.

We wish to thank the 100,000 FairFuelUK ePetitioners, our 200,000 FairFuelUK website followers and the 11,000 supporters who rallied to email their local MPs over the last weekend. Without this pressure, we may have not got the debate. A BIG BIG THANK YOU.

Many thanks too, to Robert Halfon MP and his team for driving through the ePetition and the motion to be debated through the Back Bench Business Committee process. This was not an easy task.

Of course this is just the next stage in the Campaign for lower fuel duty and prices. There is still a long battle ahead. SO, please lobby your MP to attend this debate. We do not wish to see any empty seats in the House on this momentous FairFuelUK day.

Best wishes

The FairFuelUK Campaign team
    The RAC, FTA and RHA

I've said this before in here, and I stand by it,...petitions are a wast of time, action does a lot more good then signatures.

We have seen these sack barrow full of signed protest from being delivered to 10 Downing Street on the news, and all the do is shred them straight away.

A while ago on here we were talking about taking action about the high fuel prices, but the talk soon changed to "setting up a petition" That`s when I left the thread?

Good try chaps but haven't you heard that there is a serious finacial depression, just about to be made worse by Greece defaulting on its loans and likely to be followed by Portugal, Italy, Spain and even a risk of France? So where do you think this petition is likely to go? The government has no money, the country is in massive debt and you really think David Cameron et al are going to listen and give you 5p or whatever off a litre of fuel and consequently lose a 1bn to the exchequer? Wakey! wakey!

I agree with Smudger, Those e-petitions are a waste of time. It does not matter how many people sign them, The government will just ignore them and do as they want anyway.

I have no idea how many people are registered to vote, (or bother to), but somehow, 100,000 doesn't seem a very high percentage. I do not know how many voters pay for their own fuel, and agan, don't know what kind of percentage 100,000 is. One thing I am sure of though, is that 100,000 is a very small drop in the ocean, and general apathy plays a great part in the lives of the British public.

Ok take some tax off fuel and raise income tax - problem solved.

Regardless of the effectiveness of petitions or the size of the population, 100,000 signatures is the trigger for HM Gov't to give discussion time. I hear that there is no available time to do so - altho' there seems to be time to debate other things like changing to CET, but that's me being cynical.

Let's face it, whatever party in power, this one is a hornet's nest with someone stirring the stick! Or, in reality, several stirring the stick!

Just for information, the debate has been given time on November 15th. Whether you agree with petitions or not, you may feel it is a good time to email your MP with your views and get him/her to attend.

you may feel it is a good time to email your MP with your views and get him/her to attend. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

as if they are bothered what you think,most likly away on some jolly

Quote Originally Posted by ficklejade View Post
    Just for information, the debate has been given time on November 15th. Whether you agree with petitions or not, you may feel it is a good time to email your MP with your views and get him/her to attend.
    if this campain/petition works, how many of the doubters will be happy to pay less