Thread: RAC 515f SAT NAV Question

Default RAC 515f SAT NAV Question

Hi,

Just wondered if someone on here could help me with a question about my RAC 515f sat nav.

When im navigating some where it shows you the usual information such as distance until you arrive at your destination, time it will take you, and the time you will arrive but there is also an extra distance that shows up larger than the others but I cant figure out what this distance means... it would help if there was a manual supplied with the Sat Nav.

Ive attached a screenshot and highlighted what I mean.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks.

Welcome to the site Gibbo57, could it be the miles done so far, or as on my one, the miles to your next change of direction?

My RAC 220 one for example, shows the distance to the next roundabout/junction, and even which exit or direction you are going to be making.

All this is shown in a small window on the top right hand corner, in fact I could turn the volume off and just go by that

Thanks for trying to help but its not the miles done so far as It shows a figure even when you have not started your journey. Also I thought it would be something like the next exit/junction etc, as that is what its like on another Sat Nav I have, but I dont see how it can be because if you look at the picture I sent my the journey is 56.7miles in total and that 38.9 miles figure appears at the start of the journey when you have traveled nowhere, and there are plenty of junctions and roundabouts before 38.9miles into the journey.

:S

hi there is would appear it is the distance to next instruction go to www.66.com/rac download user guide is explains there

good luck

carl

Ah! of course, how did I not pick up on that?

To be honest there is too much information on such a small screen, especially when its so far away, (as mine is always down in the bottom left corner of the screen) and you cant spend too long looking at it.

Default sat nav 5151F does not switch on!!! help please!!!

my sat nav has been charging for nearly 24hours - and it wnt switch on when I press the on button. I have tried the on button and reset button at the same time - the gadget flashed the orange RAC screen and then turned off. Then it came back on and has turned off again. I cant do anything to switch it on.

Is it faulty do you think???

Welcome to the site rayray21, it sounds like you need to call the help centre with that one, is it new, and has it ever worked previously?

Default Rac515f

Hi, wondering if someone can help please, been having real problems with my RAC515F, I have charged it for over 24 hours and it wont allow me to use it without it being plugged in to a power source.

Also, when i turned it on it said FATAL ERROR, and now it wont let me press anything.

Could really do with some guidance please

Thanks

hannah

Did the light change to show it was fully charged? (Might not have been fully plugged in)Does it show any signs of life while it is plugged in?Has it got one of them switches on the back, where you need a pen/pencil, to move it to the On position?If it's none of them, then it might need reprogramming?