Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RAC Member,Accident Recovery

Frozennorth
    Sorry you are unhappy. Sliding off the road is not a mechanical breakdown. We will always try to help where we can but our service would be chargeable as its outside of your entitlements. We believe our prices are competitive and we are sorry you disagree.
    Angela

I think that the previous customer comments, together with the facts in my case, speak for themselves. I won't be renewing, and would advise anyone to think carefully before joining this organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony View Post
    I thought that was the case now.Did you not use to do it for free.

Also in your adverts "close to you" why do you show a car in an accident,a bmw stuck in a field and a rover in the sea?
    Surely it is missleading to the public to hint that you will recover cars from these situations but not mention its not free?

Also can i point out that your insurance company will not always recover you so you are not always covered.
    That is missleading advice.
    Some will not come out if you did not pay for their recovery package or you are not fully comp.
    In that case, you would pay recovery, and if it were a no-blame crash, you would claim from the other party, on the grounds, the cost of recovery was part of your costs due to the crash.

As to a fault crash, well you get what you pay for; check before you buy.

I am not sure how this all fits with the television program series being shown and which there is a separate thread.
    This is a quote from that other thread by Loony and has some bearing on this one:

"One question though,it shows the rac attending lots of crashes,cars stuck in water or mud etc which are clearly not breakdowns.

I take it the owners were all charged for this? "

NO. YOU WILL GET NO HELP AT ALL FROM THE RAC IF YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT. My wife was hit so hard by a van driver who didn't see her that it shot the radio out of the dash and wrote the car off. The RAC wouldn't attend and when i complained i was asked what help did i expect it wasn't a breakdown. The person I spoke to said their help only included advising us to report the accident to our insurers??????? and they also said in the event we were too badly injured to make a telephone call they would make one for us. I pointed out that if we had been that badly injured how were we able to call you to ask for help!!! In the hands of Watchdog. YOUNG VULNERABLE DRIVERS AND THEIR PARENTS NEED TO BE AWARE THAT THE RAC WILL LEAVE YOU TO ROT WHEN YOU NEED THEM MOST. Thank god for the traffic police who cared for my wife and took care of everything.

Oh, and I forgot to add: RAC quote: "In the event of an accident we are with you every step of the way" WHICH THEY ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT. A misleading statement? Wont be renewing and also writing to the motoring magazines.

Hi mn77mn. I'm sorry to read you remain upset by how we handled this incident. To clarify, your breakdown membership does not entitle you to assistance in the event of an accident. In these circumstances, our members' needs are handled by our legal partner and neither them, nor RAC refused to attend your wife. I am sorry we would not have been able to reach the scene as quickly as the Police needed us to and in those circumstances, they arranged the removal of your wife's car. I believe our partners have responded to your concerns about their involvement. MC

The fact still remains that the RAC "In the event of an accident we are with you every step of the way" accident care amounts to nothing more than pointless advice which states the obvious and you and the RAC can interpet this whichever way you want. I still insist It's mis-leading. Following the accident my wife thought she would get help as it states accident care on our membership cards-there was none-AT LEAST NONE THAT WAS WORTH HAVING.

I wonder if someone can define for me what a 'Breakdown' is, as applied by the RAC, and more importantly what is not a 'Breakdown'...

Thanks

YahooCom
    If you are member of RAC your copy of our T&C's will explain the full benefits and exclusions of your chosen package. But in summary, a breakdown is where the vehicle you are travelling in is inoperative and/or has ceased to function as a whole as a result of a mechanical or electrical failure.
    Angela