Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RAC Member,Accident Recovery

Default RAC Member,Accident Recovery

Could i ask a question so that it clears the issue up once and for all.

In the event of a road traffic accident,incident,collison,crash call it what you want.
    Will the RAC as part of my membership come out and recover me to my home or garage free of charge?

Well, it depends........................................... .......

Quote Originally Posted by smudger View Post
    Well, it depends........................................... .......
    I was expecting answers like this
    It would be nice for someone from the RAC though to give a straight answer in black and white here.

Hi loony

Hopefully you wont have an accident but you would be charged for the recovery of your car as it is not a breakdown and recovery following an accident is covered by your car insurance however if you did call us you may be able to recover the costs from your insurance company.

Miss Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Breakdown View Post
    Hi loony

Hopefully you wont have an accident but you would be charged for the recovery of your car as it is not a breakdown and recovery following an accident is covered by your car insurance however if you did call us you may be able to recover the costs from your insurance company.
    Miss Breakdown
    I thought that was the case now.Did you not use to do it for free.

Also in your adverts "close to you" why do you show a car in an accident,a bmw stuck in a field and a rover in the sea?
    Surely it is missleading to the public to hint that you will recover cars from these situations but not mention its not free?

Also can i point out that your insurance company will not always recover you so you are not always covered.
    That is missleading advice.
    Some will not come out if you did not pay for their recovery package or you are not fully comp.

If you have an individual personal membership, you will have to pay for recovery following a RTC.

Hi
    Your Terms and Conditions provide a definition of a "breakdown" and also highlights that an accident is not covered. The service that we provide should be in line with your entitlement and what is set out in your Terms and Conditions.
    Whether or not the cost of recovery after an accident can be claimed depends on each individual circumstance.
    Thanks
    ˆMR

Quote Originally Posted by RAC OPS TEAM View Post
    Hi
    Your Terms and Conditions provide a definition of a "breakdown" and also highlights that an accident is not covered. The service that we provide should be in line with your entitlement and what is set out in your Terms and Conditions.
    Whether or not the cost of recovery after an accident can be claimed depends on each individual circumstance.
    Thanks
    ˆMR
    I appreciate you will not recover me free of charge following an accident.
    This still leaves the question........

Why does your advert show a car in an accident,stuck in a field and stuck in the sea if you will not recover these incidents free of charge?

Hi
    The advert you refer to shows a number of cars in various locations and is from 2009 I believe?
    I think the idea is that it shows the types of scenario that we have attended and will attend - some subject to an additional charge.
    If there are any issues after the policy is purchased there is a 14 day cooling off period for you to check it covers what you expect it to.
    Thanks
    ˆMR

I seems that RAC will always assist on the basis that they can make money out of you; I enquired about minor recovery (pull back onto road after sliding off, that's all) and was told it wasn't covered but they would do it for 156 plus mileage! They also said that I could expect anyone else to charge much the same.......... The local garage recovered the car, took it to their workshop and checked it over, and charged a total of 50.00.
    This is simply an RAC rip - off, and I will not be renewing my membership again, although I have been a member for years. What a shower of cowboys!