Thread: Renault Clio 98 1.2 help!!!!

Default Renault Clio 98 1.2 help!!!!

I have an R reg clio which is misfiring. They key fob broke so I started using the standard spare key, this worked fine for about a month then the car took several turns before it would start, was told it was the fuel pump but after reading several posts on here I'm not completely sure.

Iv now paid to get the key fob replaced as the car won't start at all now, just keeps turning over like it hasn't got any fuel.

If the key fob isnt the issue as I was able to use the spare for a month without issues and it still sometimes starts the car, what else could be the problem? Renault don't have a clue which is pretty poor and being a young girl all the other posts iv read haven't helped! Any advice would be cool as I'm now without a car.

Thanks

If the engine turns over but doesn't start AND the immobiliser light (red light in centre of instrument cluster) goes out, i.e. is not flashing or stuck on solid, suspect the crankshaft sensor. In most cases it is poor contact between the sensor and the electrical plug to it. Just needs disconnecting, spraying with WD40 and refitting.

If the red immobiliser light stays on solid or flashes then the immobiliser is not releasing the car to start. Unfortunately, Renault Clios of this age suffer immobiliser failure and the dealer will fit a new unit at a cost of several hundred pounds. There are companies online who can supply you with an immobiliser bypass which you simply plug into the diagnostic socket on your car. They cost around 80. The dealers will not recommend this route as they will not make money from you.

it turned out to be the relays =] just gave them a quick clean and hey presto