Thread: Nissan primera 1.8s petrol yr 2000 misfiring and rev counter below 1

Default Nissan primera 1.8s petrol yr 2000 misfiring and rev counter below 1

hi i have tested plugs and coils 1 by 1 but still have low revs and it still kangaroos i took the air housing of and sprayed some carb cleaner but nothing happened when i took of the air pipe it would not start which is unusaul as it should do but would be loud can anybody advise me what to check for next cheers

Carb cleaner does not burn! It takes a few turns to get it out the system. Hope you cleaned the inside of the throttle body with an old toothbrush or rag to allow the butterfly to return fully.
    If plugs and coils ok, next step is a compression test. If all okay - around 180psi on each - then check for air leaks at the inlet manifold using the carb cleaner. Again, if ok, time to check the injectors and finally the timing. That should keep you busy for a bit.

cheers hometune i will check this out would any of these cause the airbag light to flash on and of while ticking over or is this a seperate electrical fault